HELP!! Does any one use a Minelab Quattro??????

jimmy uk

Nov 3, 2010
Essex
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi ive been looking at a minelab Quattro for a while now and have reading on the write ups it seems like a great machine and for what you get for the money second hand he seems like your getting a good deal! can you answer a few Question please

1) how deep does this machine go?

2) is this machine any good on pasture land ?

barber

Jun 21, 2005
Yakima,WA
Detector(s) used
XTerra 70 Xterra 705
I had one a few years back. I think the learning how to use it can be a little frustrating, but I found it to go as deep as most other detectors, and it would work fine in a pasture. I printed out all the things I could find about it, so I could read it a lot. But, I'm ooollldd and don't remember well LOL

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
I have one, just bought it recently. I think it goes really deep but the tones can get overwhelming. I would imagine pasture land it would work great though as I am assuming free of lots of trash.

kellyco_bridget

Greenie
Mar 28, 2011
Winter Springs, FL
Thank you for posting this question. Kellyco is the largest and oldest metal detecting distributor in the world! You’ve contact the right place and detectorist team.

In response to your first question, manufacturers do not provide exact depths because depth is subject to many variables, such as the size of a target, type of soil, target decay, size of the coil and detector technology (i.e., frequency, VLF vs. Pulse Induction).

In regards to the second question, if the pasture land is high, and you can’t lower the detector to about 1” off the ground, you might want to mow the pasture before detecting; other wise, you will be air detecting (not efficient). You want to place the detector the closest to the ground surface as possible to maximize soil penetration. It’s the same as snow.

The Minelab Quattro is an excellent metal detector. Double click on the following links for information, specs and testing of this detector:

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/minelab/quattro-stand.htm
http://www.kellycodetectors.com/Field Test Reports/minelab/we-quattro-2006.html

We do not have any new or used Quattros. They have been discontinued since there is a newer and better model that replaced it; the Safari. See the link below. We have an awesome sale going on with many free accessories, eligibility for a BOGO sale, and an exclusive Free 1 year extended warranty on top of the manufacturer’s warranty. No one can beat our prices and deal:

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/minelab/safari_buy.htm

Lastly, if you are looking for detection greater than 12 inches, you must look into purchasing ground penetrating locators, deep penetrating instruments, geophysical penetrating instruments, or two box detectors. If this is your case, or if you have any other question, please contact any of KELLYCO’s sales consultants at 1.800.327.9697 Monday thru Friday from 8 am to 9 pm or Saturday’s 9 am to 5 pm (U.S. Eastern Time). All KELLYCO Sales Consultants are factory trained and experienced detectorist and will be able to answer your questions and assist you with your purchase.

I hope this information is helpful, if I can be of any further assistance please let me know.

Thank You,
Bridget Hall

jimmy uk said:
hi ive been looking at a minelab Quattro for a while now and have reading on the write ups it seems like a great machine and for what you get for the money second hand he seems like your getting a good deal! can you answer a few Question please

1) how deep does this machine go?

2) is this machine any good on pasture land ?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have researched the Safari before I bought it.......If you can, go with the Safari, it has basically almost identical menu and features as the Quattro, but the recovery time and the response time on the threshold is faster, and separation is superior on the Safari. It is a newer machine with upgraded electronics including faster processor...

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Say "thank you" to the nice people Jimmy! :tongue3:

OP
OP
jimmy uk

jimmy uk

Nov 3, 2010
Essex
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
havnt had the time to yet :tongue3: :tongue3:

THANKS :hello2: :hello2: everyone for the help really kind of you i think im gonna buy one of them just gotta read more about it :coffee2:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
As Bridget said, They're out of production now and replaced by the Safari. Anything goes wrong with your quattro and you're a bit *%&¤ed! Your choice mate, but i'd go for the Safari. :dontknow:

OP
OP
jimmy uk

jimmy uk

Nov 3, 2010
Essex
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dano Sverige said:
As Bridget said, They're out of production now and replaced by the Safari. Anything goes wrong with your quattro and you're a bit *%&¤ed! Your choice mate, but i'd go for the Safari. :dontknow:

cheers mate the safari is a bit out of my price range :sad5: i was thinking about a old school XS :dontknow:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jimmy uk said:
Dano Sverige said:

cheers mate the safari is a bit out of my price range :sad5: i was thinking about a old school XS :dontknow:

Check the for sale board here, I think one just went up for sale here.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread