I discover a large area of blue clay

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
when I dug my septic system there was a blue clay layer, they called it "Marrow" left over from the last ice age I am told.... but then that is in MI......

OP
OP
E

emseda

Greenie
Aug 14, 2010
Re: I discovered a large area of blue clay

emseda said:
The area is very big, but very difficult to access. I would like to know if blue clay always has silver or not.
Tuberale said:
Blue clay deposits in the Western US can be indications of gold, silver, and diamonds.

To Tuberale

I didn't see gold but I saw a very small pieces of white metal, I think that's silver. The only problem is that I have no experience
with silver. I put it in the pan but it get out when panning, it didn't sink like the gold. Any thoughts will be appreciated. Thank you

Frank

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro

emseda said:
emseda said:
The area is very big, but very difficult to access. I would like to know if blue clay always has silver or not.
Tuberale said:
Blue clay deposits in the Western US can be indications of gold, silver, and diamonds.

To Tuberale

I didn't see gold but I saw a very small pieces of white metal, I think that's silver. The only problem is that I have no experience
with silver. I put it in the pan but it get out when panning, it didn't sink like the gold. Any thoughts will be appreciated. Thank you

Frank
They might be. But they might be something else, like mica in your area. Until I see a photo, still very difficult to tell.

OP
OP
E

emseda

Greenie
Aug 14, 2010

Tuberale said:
emseda said:
emseda said:
Tuberale said:

To Tuberale

Frank

To Tuberale
I tried to place one, but the size is to big. I can email you some photos. Thank You
They might be. But they might be something else, like mica in your area. Until I see a photo, still very difficult to tell.

Richard Ray

Feb 20, 2011
East Texas
Detector(s) used
Many brands, Magnetometer, GPR, Side Scan, etc.
In 1720-21 the Spanish expedition in central Texas led by the Marquis de Aguayo reported several deposits of "Amalgre" very simliar to the deposits in Mexico that produced a lot of silver. However these deposits were devoit of silver. The single deposit that supposedly held silver, later became known as the famous "San Saba" mine. I've personally seen and taken samples from several of these "blue and green" deposits. No Silver or diamonds!!
Richard

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions