Getting old-er

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lumbercamp said:
lonesomebob said:
quit complaining!! I am almost 80 and still swinging a loop.
I'm with you on this one. It's scary, all these young kids falling apart at such an early age. I definitely plan on detecting when I'm 80 and beyond. Heck, my dad was still doing physical labor in his late 80's .

long as I'm able to do the wild thing I'm happy...... ;D

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
lumbercamp said:
lonesomebob said:
quit complaining!! I am almost 80 and still swinging a loop.
I'm with you on this one. It's scary, all these young kids falling apart at such an early age. I definitely plan on detecting when I'm 80 and beyond. Heck, my dad was still doing physical labor in his late 80's .

Ohh pardon me.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
You want help with that "Aurther Ritus" try white raisins (golden raisins) soaked in gin, allow the alcohol in the gin to evaporate over a weeks period and then eat a teaspoon or two a day...... It works wonders on anything that is caused by inflammation...
Great tip..TH

32, I can't remember that

58 here, no problems yet, Other then forgetting........I get alot of feed back from much older people then me thur my work, and most say just keep smiling n moving, that's the secret, but the tip on the gold raisins is great...My GF is 48, looks stunning, she has constant upper back pain, will try the raisins on her....thanks.....joe

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
I might have to try the gin soaked golden raisins...seems like an easy method to try.

lonesomebob

Jul 14, 2005
Napoleon MI 49201
Detector(s) used
Garrett
My AD7 Is older than you and my muzzle loading buck skins too. If you dont use it ,you lose it. I wear a t shirt that says old age aint for sissies, some try to buy it right off my body, so I carry a spare , get 19 bucks for one, At 80 ya gotta do something to make a buck. lonesomebob.

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woodland Detectors said:
Be careful...Do you know the average age of the people here? :D

Most of us would give a right or left acorn to be 32 again.
X2 lol

give me 32 again, oh boy the things I could do...just hitting 50 and JUST starting to feel it

if bad at 32, you best 'find some health tips' now :laughing9: :laughing9:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Farscape said:
I just turned 32 and I can definitely feel it when I metal detect. I got to the point yesterday that when it came up like a zinc penny at an inch or less I didn't even dig them...yeah I know...I'm terrible :wink:

Wow! 32.. Well, I'm 54 and - what were we talking about? :icon_scratch: :hello: :hello2: :laughing7:

Rockin Chairs Gold

Dec 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Pro Coil, SunRay X 5.5, S.E.F. 6x8, Excalibur II
I don't know about the Arther Ritus, but I can see some other advantages to the Gin soaked White raisins. You might say they should help raise your (spirits). Rick :coffee2:

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ROFLMAO.. getting older come on man My oldest son is 26. You are only as old as you feel and if you bend over to dig your targets you probably feel 60 or better after a couple hours I am 46 I can hunt for a good 12 hours I have a system for digging and swinging oh yeh I also have a fracture disc so It does get difficult to hunt sometimes... HH to us older generation and maybe the young group can keep up with us, Also my dad loved to detect god rest his soul he was 69 when he passed. He would detect for 5-7 hours a day now he could find some goodies :icon_thumright:

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well reading this, I don't feel so bad about hitting 41 in a couple months. I have all the aches and pains that I earned from years of construction, and I'm still swinging a hammer, and a coil. From some of the posts here it looks like I've got plenty of time left to hunt, and that's a good thing to know.

nuggy

Aug 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, had; Minelab Eureka, Bounty Hunter, Garrett, Fisher and Whites.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, I think I first noticed the aches and pains after I fell off a roof at about 32, well over 20 years later I've got bad news for you - it just gets worse - lots of things help a little but nothing seems to get rid of it totally. White raisins and gin sounds like something I have to try.
Someone once said that youth was wasted on the young - think he had it right. Nuggy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread