Getting old-er

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
Woodland Detectors said:
Be careful...Do you know the average age of the people here? :D

Most of us would give a right or left acorn to be 32 again.

Bad knees are a MD'er curse.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
32, hell my bald spot is older than that....

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
You guys are hilarious...I'm going to have to start taking some glucosamine or something.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your Hilarious, I'm 46 and Turning 47 on Tuesday!!!

I work 40 hours A week, Plus manage and Maintin an Apartment complex , Take care Of a Disabled wife to Boot !!! When I wake up it takes Hours sometime to Get moving enough to detect Good thing for Coffee In the Morning ;D ;D ;D ( I Enjoy every second of My detecting time!!!) Nothing will stop me from Getting out Even if I have to allow the Kids to Dig for Me!!!!! HH Chug Want to Dig for Me In a Few years!!!??? :sign10:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got boots older than you, hoss. But yeah, I do get what you're sayin. Some areas I'll dig everything but in others it's like, aw, screw it, I can pick up pennies in the parkin lot at Wallyworld.

JDS

Jun 8, 2007
Kansas City Missouri
Detector(s) used
ML4000/ML E-Trac/Ace 250/Antique Groundhog
Oh Yea! Just wait until your uncle Arthur Itus comes a calling. On the other hand I hope he doesn't. It makes it more of a challenge to get out some days but as the day goes on it seems to get easier, that is until you take a brake. My grandfather told me once "If you rest you rust"! I ain't rusted up yet.

Oh and I have tools older than you also.

Just keep moving

Junker :headbang:

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think the first detector I bought new is about as old as you. :tongue3:
Still works and doubt it would mind finding zincs.
Haven't had it out of the basement since before the things were invented. :laughing7:

Al

2bits

Nov 19, 2009
Detector(s) used
One to many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wait till you hit 62, then you might have some legit complaints! No matter, it's all good.
HH, RCW

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
I just have to man up I guess, or keep the complaints to myself :wink:

Rockin Chairs Gold

Dec 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Pro Coil, SunRay X 5.5, S.E.F. 6x8, Excalibur II
Farscape said:

Don't let the guys get to you son, having aches and pains at 32 ain't no sin. We all live with them, they just get worse as you get older. I'm 65 and Aurther Ritus has invaded just about every place he can find. It's really tough getting up and down these days and no I don't dig those :angry4: zinks any more either. If it doesn't read 5" on a zinc reading I don't bother (still get a ate up zinc once in a while).

Just like me keep getting out there and finding. Even if I can only last a hour or two it's still fun. It's what it's about. Best of luck to you. Rick :coffee2:

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
Rockin Chairs Gold said:
Farscape said:

Don't let the guys get to you son, having aches and pains at 32 ain't no sin. We all live with them, they just get worse as you get older. I'm 65 and Aurther Ritus has invaded just about every place he can find. It's really tough getting up and down these days and no I don't dig those :angry4: zinks any more either. If it doesn't read 5" on a zink reading I don't bother(still get a ate up zink once in a while).

Just like me keep getting out there and finding. Even if I can only last a hour or two it's still fun. It's what it's about. Best of luck to you. Rick :coffee2:

Thanks Rick, I appreciate the kind words...I think I just hit it too hard when I go...long sessions with few breaks.

Rockin Chairs Gold

Dec 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Pro Coil, SunRay X 5.5, S.E.F. 6x8, Excalibur II
Farscape said:
Rockin Chairs Gold said:
Farscape said:

Don't let the guys get to you son, having aches and pains at 32 ain't no sin. We all live with them, they just get worse as you get older. I'm 65 and Aurther Ritus has invaded just about every place he can find. It's really tough getting up and down these days and no I don't dig those :angry4: zinks any more either. If it doesn't read 5" on a zink reading I don't bother(still get a ate up zink once in a while).

Thanks Rick, I appreciate the kind words...I think I just hit it too hard when I go...long sessions with few breaks.

Thats called dedication, for sure no shame in that. Just take a few more breaks. Rick :coffee2:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's the way I look at it......I'm 52 or 53, can't recall exactly, I'm right 50% of the time and don't really care about the other 53% of the time, and I've got more aches and pains these days then I care to admit, but......I figure if I slow down I'm not really saving anything, sort of like letting an old car sit too long without driving it, things will just start to freeze up. Think positive thoughts, laugh a lot, enjoy the simple things in life and don't sweat the big stuff too much. Can't say for sure that it's really worked out well for me but it's sure kept me happy. :laughing7:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Fish oil capsules. Great for lubricating those messed up joints and things. :icon_thumright:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rockin Chairs Gold said:
Farscape said:

Don't let the guys get to you son, having aches and pains at 32 ain't no sin. We all live with them, they just get worse as you get older. I'm 65 and Aurther Ritus has invaded just about every place he can find. It's really tough getting up and down these days and no I don't dig those :angry4: zinks any more either. If it doesn't read 5" on a zinc reading I don't bother (still get a ate up zinc once in a while).

You want help with that "Aurther Ritus" try white raisins (golden raisins) soaked in gin, allow the alcohol in the gin to evaporate over a weeks period and then eat a teaspoon or two a day...... It works wonders on anything that is caused by inflammation... :icon_thumright:

I had real bad heel spurs in both feet, could hardly walk on them when I first got up, a week after I started taking it they stopped hurting completely..... I got my mom, who had bad arthritis in her hands, wrists and elbows to start taking it, same thing, 10 days after starting them they stopped hurting. She told me it was the first and only thing that ever truly worked for her, it worked for her up till her death at 88 in 2008......

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
lonesomebob said:
quit complaining!! I am almost 80 and still swinging a loop.
I'm with you on this one. It's scary, all these young kids falling apart at such an early age. I definitely plan on detecting when I'm 80 and beyond. Heck, my dad was still doing physical labor in his late 80's .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread