Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
N

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lookindown said:
If you had bought Garrett detectors instead of the overpriced ones you have you could afford the holster.

True, but if I did that I'd never find anything. Toys are for kids, grown-ups use REAL machines :laughing7:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dogpound said:
Thats why i use a sunray :headbang:

Now if I could just remember to switch it back to "coil" when I stand up. :D

OP
OP
N

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't beat the Sun-Ray's people :hello2: Only downside as CharlieP said is...gotta remember to switch the toggle back after using it :laughing7: Methinks I'm gonna pick one up for my CZ soon.

P.S. - To the poster that said to actually try a Garrett product...I did. After my first detector (a White's :headbang:) was stolen a few years back, I picked-up an Ace 250. It worked.....not well though. Slow as sh@*t, couldn't go more than 4 or 5 inches & that bell tone is horrible. Everytime I got a signal, I felt like Lurch from the Adams Family; "You rang?" :laughing7: I sold it about a week later.

Aside from their pinpointers (which are excellent), they are SEVERELY behind the times when it comes to their line of products and technology being used. The new AT Pro isn't half-way bad from all I've seen, but, even that has a lot of bugs and problems with it. They used the first adopters as beta testers :spam4: Pretty screwed up if you ask me. And you already know what I think of their customer service :argue:

Jerry-Wi

Mar 21, 2009
Any company that will take a 25 year old product long out of warranty and refurbish it to like new condition and turn it around in a week in far better condition than when they received it does NOT have bad Customer Service Period. You seem to have a chip on your shoulder for Garrett which is your prerogative however what you are saying about them does not square with the first hand experiences that I have had with them.

Jerry

OP
OP
N

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jerry-Wi...Chip? Yes, for me. For you? Apparently not. Two people can eat the same dish at the same restaurant and have totally different opinions on it. So, guess we'll just have to agree to disagree then. Making a profit is one thing, price gouging is quite another. But again, just my own personal opinion :thumbsup:

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
I dislike Garrett as well, the ugly color and the bell tone are enough to keep me away.

N2CU

Feb 13, 2011
Orchard Park, Western NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F70, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the ProPointer but am concerned about losing it too. Then again, I could lose my probe, coin bottle, digger, dirt rag, etc. all of which are in holders on my leather electrician's tool pouch. I just make sure everything is in place before I move on.

The ProPointer was too large in diameter to fit in the screwdriver holder on the pouch so I just threaded the strap from the holster through it and closed the snap. Voila! The ProPointer is at the front of the pouch as it hangs on my left side and it's very hard to not see it. I like the idea of putting brightly colored reflective tape on it too.

I wouldn't be too rough on a manufacturer due to one bad experience. Maybe Garrett has a minimum order amount, like a lot of companies. Personally I would use a little ingenuity and fashion something myself instead of buying a replacement if I think it's overpriced. However, when you spend $500-$1000 on detecting gear, what's another $30?

Oh yeah, although I never used a SunRay probe, I don't like the idea that if I change detector brands the probe will be useless to me. Just my $0.02.

neuseman

Mar 11, 2011
Beaufort NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 and Omega 8000
Apparently you didnt give the Ace 250 enough time to learn it. Ive said it before and Ill say it again, there are people who are jealous of some Garrett machines like the AT Pro, that can find the same goodies as some machines that cost well into the thousands. I have the Ace 250 and have found lots of coins with it and I have no complaints with it. As for your holster, if you think 30 bucks is too much to pay, dont buy it, and you shouldnt bash Garrett for a mistake that you made.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
neuseman said:
Apparently you didnt give the Ace 250 enough time to learn it. Ive said it before and Ill say it again, there are people who are jealous of some Garrett machines like the AT Pro, that can find the same goodies as some machines that cost well into the thousands. I have the Ace 250 and have found lots of coins with it and I have no complaints with it. As for your holster, if you think 30 bucks is too much to pay, dont buy it, and you shouldnt bash Garrett for a mistake that you made.
:icon_thumleft:

smittyw

Jan 6, 2011
Dover, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Cheapo
Try sticking it in your back pocket. I used the holster to start with then switched to the right back pocket as I am right handed. I works great as I am using jeans or jean shorts when MDing and the pockets hold it well. I can FEEL the thing in the pocket and know when it isn't there and it is so easy to draw from that location. Much more natural feeling for me as a former firearms instructor. Much like reaching for a sidearm. That's myTwo cents worth (wheat cents that is, LOL). Garrett 1350 user (don't cringe) it works ok for me for the money I could spend at the time. I have thought about using my first SS check to get an Etrack, but bet the wife has many more ideas for it's use, Oh well. HH

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picture 010.jpg

OP
OP
N

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome Jeff. I had a similar idea but with velcro. What parts did you use? If I go that route, I'm gonna have to thread the coil cable through my shaft special...since it normally just wraps around the detector. So, no room for a mod like that unless I do the cable thing.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
njnydigger said:
That's awesome Jeff. I had a similar idea but with velcro. What parts did you use? If I go that route, I'm gonna have to thread the coil cable through my shaft special...since it normally just wraps around the detector. So, no room for a mod like that unless I do the cable thing.

Just my Sunray probe Clips from my sovereign.

No Wires Necessary.

Picture 005.jpg Picture 004.jpg

dirt doctor

Aug 31, 2006
California Bay Area
njnydigger ,

When my pro-pointer needed repair and was under warranty I sent it into Garrett's for repair and I didn't send the holster in with it . They were kind enough to send me a brand new one in the box with holster . If you still want one just re-imburse the cost for postage after you receive it .Mail me your address . I had sent you a message earlier but I guess you didn't get it .

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dirt doctor said:
njnydigger ,

When my pro-pointer needed repair and was under warranty I sent it into Garrett's for repair and I didn't send the holster in with it . They were kind enough to send me a brand new one in the box with holster . If you still want one just re-imburse the cost for postage after you receive it .Mail me your address . I had sent you a message earlier but I guess you didn't get it .

Very nice offer....:icon_thumright:

lonesomebob

Jul 14, 2005
Napoleon MI 49201
Detector(s) used
Garrett
NOW HEAR THIS I have never had any problem with GARRETT. Starting with my AD7 on up the scale. they have Always been polite ,courtious and honest with me. going out of their way to help. So dont give me that Garrett Sucks CRAP. Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread