Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Garrett SUCKS!!!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    May 2010
    New England
    #Sov GT #WOT #Skullies #Excal II #Garrett Propointer
    114 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

Re: Garrett SUCKS!!!

Dumb complaint. Your complaining...even though the product works. Id see you coming and say 60$ sir! Seriously. Go on amazon, ebay or walmart and find a substitute. I can see complaining if your new toy doesn't work...which some companies are famous for. I won't mention any names there. But...your complaining...essentially...for your own actions. I wont use any verbs there either. HH -Joe

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2006
    Suwanee, Georgia
    Minelab Explorer II , Fisher F75 LTD
    14 times

I made this holder for my pinpointer:
    http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.p...,342197.0.html

Jeff

us
    da book worm--researcher

Feb 2007
    callahan,fl
    delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
    627 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

one thing I think everyone agrees with --the tones on the ace 250 suck --whoever the tone deaf dolt was that decided upon those exact sounds --as "the tones" for the ace 250 -- needs to be drug out back and bull whipped .--it is like a attack on the eardrums .-- those lame / sorry tones really drive some folks away from the 250 * or stop them from buying one -- seems to me that garretts R & D and marketing folks should know that by now and do something to fix it .

us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    913 times
    silver surfing

I had a Garrett...I accidentally backed over it...on purpose.

us
    Mar 2010
    Florida
    ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
    1758 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by ivan salis
    one thing I think everyone agrees with --the tones on the ace 250 suck --whoever the tone deaf dolt was that decided upon those exact sounds --as "the tones" for the ace 250 -- needs to be drug out back and bull whipped .--it is like a attack on the eardrums .-- those lame / sorry tones really drive some folks away from the 250 * or stop them from buying one -- seems to me that garretts R & D and marketing folks should know that by now and do something to fix it .
    If it wasn't one of the best selling detectors of all time they might take your advice.

us
    da book worm--researcher

Feb 2007
    callahan,fl
    delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
    627 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

heck if they ditched the sorry tones --it might sell even better . --yes its highly popular --price might have sumpin to do with that --at $212 its a decent lil machine for the money --the tones suck however * --and if one can spring for the extra $67 bux -- as some one who's owned and used both -- * I can honestly say the delta 4000 is much better in my veiw --being it has a "numbers" 0 to 99 type display ( in effect 100 blocks) instead of the mere 12 "blocks" of the ace 250 that co mingles "good stuff" and trash in the same exact "block' -- while no machine is " a "perfect sorter" -- i honestly believe that 100 numbers vs 12 "block" sorting slots --thus a ratio of 8 numbers vs 1 "block"--so its a no brainer to me as to which one can sort to a finer degree via "discrimatation" thus less digging up trash , less wasted time & effort -- thus better more productive hunts ..

us
    Apr 2011
    NW PA
    Garret GTI 1500/Minelab Safari

Sorry to hear about your dissappointment. Although I would have to say Garrett has been great to me. $30 is a little ridiculous, but so is wasting your time worrying about it. Find an alternative. HH
    Bryan H.

au
    May 2011

what about the Garrett infurnium ls on finding gold is it anygood

us
    PEOPLE ASSUME WHAT THEY DON'T KNOW, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

Feb 2008
    Never Know I May Live Next To You!
    GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
    129 times

YEP, Instead of griping about the price of a new holster and complaining about something, use the mind god gave you and find alternatives as mentioned in the postings, or improvise on making something work.

As mentioned about car chargers for cell phones, the cell phone companies sell them for $30.00, but they buy them from the manufacturers for $1.89 each. You don't want to know what the cell phone companies buy their cell phones for either, (less than $30.00 each), but they will sell them to the consumers for hundreds of dollars, ($199-$400) plus! Also, most of the times when you are able to get an upgraded free phone from your cell phone provider, they DON'T send you a "NEW" cell phone, they give you a REFERBISHED cell phone! How do I know? One of my Team Mates owns a cell phone store and told me what these cell phone providers buy and sell their products for!! So think about that next time you buy a cell phone and or have to buy a car charger for it!

So now the cat has been let out of the bag about cell phone companies and if you bought a cell phone or buy them for your wife, or kids, etc, now you can gripe about that too!!
    If I was President; I would take away welfare! I wouldn't make any bargains with foreign countries! I wouldn't take #@*& from any country! I would close the borders! I would get rid of taxes! I would make EVERYONE own at least 5 guns! I would ENFORCE Finders Keepers Law !!!!!!!!

us
    Jul 2010
    Central Florida
    A Propointer tied to a stick
    24 times
    Metal Detecting

I must be odd. I've never used the holster.

The Propointer is either turned on and in my hand (and behind back so it isn't sounding off on my belt buckle, wtc.) or its in my treasure pouch.

$30 is extreme for a replacement, but with so many alternatives out there, I'll bet you could run to Home Depot and find something that works just as well.

us
    May 2008
    Virginia
    Tesoro
    4 times

I wouldn't say they suck, but they aren't very good. Garrett works but I was never happy with their stuff. I hated my ACE 250, and won't use them again.
    __________________________________________________ _____
    [size=12pt]Proud to be Straight Edge[/SIZE]

us
    Jul 2009
    Whiting, NJ
    Ace 250
    990 times

Seems as though we have already reached a general consensus on that holster, so let me move on and resolve pin pointer loss protection.

That's right, never have to worry about losing any pin pointer, from any manufacturer going forward. Best part, the cost is probably around the cost of a pack of cigarettes.

njnydigger, was on the right track with the florescent tape, but you need a little improvement here. Go with duct tape. Instead of laying down a few bucks for a roll, I am sure you know someone that owns a roll already, so borrow it..

Next step, buy a small can of Krylon florescent spray paint and paint the tape

Next step, go to your local sporting good store and but fishing line that can hold a shark.

Finally, go home and double wrap the fishing line around the pin pointer, holding it down with a generous amount of duct tape. Now secure the loose line to a brass ring and attach the ring through the belt in between the belt loops so it only has a minimal amount of play between the loops. You only need a length of 7 feet so you have more freedom in movement.

If you drop, or leave the pin pointer sitting down, it will magically follow you until you need it again

Another problem solved from the Spartacus53 House of Ideas

us
    Dec 2008
    austin,texas
    Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer
    339 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Go to www.sunraydetectors.com and look what they have,I belive this will solve your problem.

Mar 2005
    Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
    11 times

Garrett makes quality detectors and their customer service is top notch. i started with an Ace 250 and it is an incredible value for the $$. later on i moved up to a GTI2500 and found tons of stuff with it as well. that being said, i have to say that i prefer my Minelab Explorer SE and reach for it 99% of the time. the belltone thing bothers me. you see, to trigger that belltone a signal has to be beyond a certain signal strength or threshold. if a signal is too weak to trigger the tone, you pass over it. you dont have that problem with the minelab. also, the minelab has such a wide range of tones i can usually tell what i have without even looking at the display. the GTI2500 is also pretty much useless in highly minerilized soil and it overloads a lot. i hear there is a chip that fixes this problem but in my opinion it never should have been an issue in the first place. i guess it all comes down to personal preferance. Garrets are built like a tank and are really high quality, but i dont think i would buy another at this point....just my 2 cents worth.
    GTI 2500/ACE 250

us
    Jul 2010
    Elmdale, Michigan
    Currently back to a Vx3 withe D2 coil ti'l I can save for the V3i. Previous detectors include: Cz3d, CZ20, Vx3, Explorer SE Pro, XLT, MXTx2, Classic ID, Vaquero, Cibola, F2, Ace 150
    3 times

Not to beat a dead horse here. But I read most of the comments on this thread and didn't see this option mentioned. If you, like most forum users, go onto other forums you will see someone who makes holsters for the vibra probe and propointer out of full grain cowhide for $30. Well worth it imo. It would probably outlast your propointer....
    Vx3 with D2 and Sunray probe, Lesche, Killer B's.
    Go out with what you have and find what you have not...

us
    Jun 2011
    Richmond, VA
    Fisher 1265x, F2 Nautlius DMC IIb

Try a store that sells iron worker tools, look for a bull pin holder, one of those may work for a pin pointer. It will attach to a belt.
    http://www.ironworkergear.com/kleinbullpinholder.aspx if you search around you can find them cheaper

ca
    Mar 2011
    Garrett ATPro, BH 840 VLF-TR
    Metal Detecting

Quote Originally Posted by njnydigger
    You're starting to sound like my father sandman...

'We used to walk 40 miles to school everyday...uphill...with no shoes...round trip. Stop complaining!'

My Wifes Grandfather used to live on a hill and about a mile or so away the School rested level but with a nice big Valley/Coulee in between... So I guess he REALLY did walk to School and back Uphill 'Both Ways'! ...

gb
    Aug 2009
    SWEDEN
    (on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
    179 times

4" x 1" piece of cloth or canvas.
    Sew both ends horizontally to your fav' detecting pants/shorts.
    Slide propointer in, and away you go.

or...

Do as i do...buy those carpenters/builders work pants with lots of pockets, straps and loops for holding tools. Works wonders!

us
    Jul 2010
    42 times

Quote Originally Posted by Smudge
    I must be odd. I've never used the holster.

The Propointer is either turned on and in my hand (and behind back so it isn't sounding off on my belt buckle, wtc.) or its in my treasure pouch.

$30 is extreme for a replacement, but with so many alternatives out there, I'll bet you could run to Home Depot and find something that works just as well.
    I was thinking the same thing...I've never used my holster either, and I also "pouch carry" it when it's not in use. The holster is kinda lame anyway IMPO. martin

us
    Jan 2010
    12 times

Re: Garrett's Probe Holder sucks

Tough break....you could've HAD mine! I tossed it after the pointer fell out a couple of times. Just got in a new 2nd propointer (to help my wife dig and as a spare) and tossed the holster on that one too. I use one of those large fanny packs. Holds a screwdriver, propointer, extra batteries for the propointer and....that's it. I circle back to the car for anything else I need. Even with the fanny pack, it's mostly in my hand. I like the idea of those retractable devices...just have glue or attach a ring (lanyard?) to attach it to. To me, Garrett ProPointer + Garrett holster = lost propointer.
    poftravel likes this.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsors