Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Garrett SUCKS!!!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2011
    Beaufort NC
    Ace 250 and Omega 8000
    17 times

Re: Garrett SUCKS!!!

Apparently you didnt give the Ace 250 enough time to learn it. Ive said it before and Ill say it again, there are people who are jealous of some Garrett machines like the AT Pro, that can find the same goodies as some machines that cost well into the thousands. I have the Ace 250 and have found lots of coins with it and I have no complaints with it. As for your holster, if you think 30 bucks is too much to pay, dont buy it, and you shouldnt bash Garrett for a mistake that you made.
    poftravel and mcpsbus53 like this.

us
    Mar 2010
    Florida
    ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
    2361 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by neuseman
    Apparently you didnt give the Ace 250 enough time to learn it. Ive said it before and Ill say it again, there are people who are jealous of some Garrett machines like the AT Pro, that can find the same goodies as some machines that cost well into the thousands. I have the Ace 250 and have found lots of coins with it and I have no complaints with it. As for your holster, if you think 30 bucks is too much to pay, dont buy it, and you shouldnt bash Garrett for a mistake that you made.

us
    Jan 2011
    Dover, Fl
    Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Cheapo
    81 times

Try sticking it in your back pocket. I used the holster to start with then switched to the right back pocket as I am right handed. I works great as I am using jeans or jean shorts when MDing and the pockets hold it well. I can FEEL the thing in the pocket and know when it isn't there and it is so easy to draw from that location. Much more natural feeling for me as a former firearms instructor. Much like reaching for a sidearm. That's myTwo cents worth (wheat cents that is, LOL). Garrett 1350 user (don't cringe) it works ok for me for the money I could spend at the time. I have thought about using my first SS check to get an Etrack, but bet the wife has many more ideas for it's use, Oh well. HH
    Look, Seek and Find.

Charter Member
    us
    MINELAB XS-2 Pro ....... XTERRA 305 ....... EXPLORER SE PRO

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    5782 times

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 010.jpg 
Views:	2608 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	529701

us
    May 2011
    2 times

Ill tell you this , Garrett sure sucked up a very rare 1733 spanish gold #1 reale last sunday
    poftravel and mcpsbus53 like this.

us
    Buy, Sell & Trade Used Detecting Gear! 100% FREE!! Dealer Stock Welcome :) TreasureClassifieds.com

Jun 2009
    I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
    17 times

That's awesome Jeff. I had a similar idea but with velcro. What parts did you use? If I go that route, I'm gonna have to thread the coil cable through my shaft special...since it normally just wraps around the detector. So, no room for a mod like that unless I do the cable thing.

Charter Member
    us
    MINELAB XS-2 Pro ....... XTERRA 305 ....... EXPLORER SE PRO

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    5782 times

Quote Originally Posted by njnydigger
    That's awesome Jeff. I had a similar idea but with velcro. What parts did you use? If I go that route, I'm gonna have to thread the coil cable through my shaft special...since it normally just wraps around the detector. So, no room for a mod like that unless I do the cable thing.
    Just my Sunray probe Clips from my sovereign.

No Wires Necessary.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 005.jpg 
Views:	2554 
Size:	104.2 KB 
ID:	529750Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 004.jpg 
Views:	2567 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	529751

us
    Aug 2006
    California Bay Area
    5 times

njnydigger ,

When my pro-pointer needed repair and was under warranty I sent it into Garrett's for repair and I didn't send the holster in with it . They were kind enough to send me a brand new one in the box with holster . If you still want one just re-imburse the cost for postage after you receive it .Mail me your address . I had sent you a message earlier but I guess you didn't get it .
    dimedigger likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    9080 times

Quote Originally Posted by dirt doctor
    njnydigger ,

When my pro-pointer needed repair and was under warranty I sent it into Garrett's for repair and I didn't send the holster in with it . They were kind enough to send me a brand new one in the box with holster . If you still want one just re-imburse the cost for postage after you receive it .Mail me your address . I had sent you a message earlier but I guess you didn't get it .
    Very nice offer....
    mcpsbus53 likes this.

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

TreasureNet.com Rules

Jul 2005
    Napoleon MI 49201
    Garrett
    20 times

NOW HEAR THIS I have never had any problem with GARRETT. Starting with my AD7 on up the scale. they have Always been polite ,courtious and honest with me. going out of their way to help. So dont give me that Garrett Sucks CRAP. Bob
    mcpsbus53 likes this.

us
    May 2010
    New England
    #Sov GT #WOT #Skullies #Excal II #Garrett Propointer
    118 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

Dumb complaint. Your complaining...even though the product works. Id see you coming and say 60$ sir! Seriously. Go on amazon, ebay or walmart and find a substitute. I can see complaining if your new toy doesn't work...which some companies are famous for. I won't mention any names there. But...your complaining...essentially...for your own actions. I wont use any verbs there either. HH -Joe

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2006
    Suwanee, Georgia
    Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab Explorer II , Fisher F75 LTD
    22 times

I made this holder for my pinpointer:
    http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.p...,342197.0.html

Jeff

us
    da book worm--researcher

Feb 2007
    callahan,fl
    delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
    753 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

one thing I think everyone agrees with --the tones on the ace 250 suck --whoever the tone deaf dolt was that decided upon those exact sounds --as "the tones" for the ace 250 -- needs to be drug out back and bull whipped .--it is like a attack on the eardrums .-- those lame / sorry tones really drive some folks away from the 250 * or stop them from buying one -- seems to me that garretts R & D and marketing folks should know that by now and do something to fix it .

us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    1013 times
    silver surfing

I had a Garrett...I accidentally backed over it...on purpose.

us
    Mar 2010
    Florida
    ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
    2361 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by ivan salis
    one thing I think everyone agrees with --the tones on the ace 250 suck --whoever the tone deaf dolt was that decided upon those exact sounds --as "the tones" for the ace 250 -- needs to be drug out back and bull whipped .--it is like a attack on the eardrums .-- those lame / sorry tones really drive some folks away from the 250 * or stop them from buying one -- seems to me that garretts R & D and marketing folks should know that by now and do something to fix it .
    If it wasn't one of the best selling detectors of all time they might take your advice.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsors