Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Garrett SUCKS!!!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2009
    3 times

Re: Garrett SUCKS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TerryC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry-Wi
    I can't believe that this thread has been kept alive since May 12th over such a minor issue. Amazing.

Jerry
    The life of this thread, Jerry, simply brings the issue up because several people are really concerned... and maybe opinionated. That is to say, the Tnet serves many levels of detectorists so many many issues seem to pop up over and over again. I don't mind the redundancy because I really enjoy passing on what I know to the newbees. I too am opinionated but try to make it sound like knowledge passed on. TTC
    Hi Terry, part of what I was referring to is this started over a lost holster for a Propointer and seems to have morphed into something else entirely. The title of the thread seems to be trying to convey the impression that Garrett is not a good company which is something that I do not agree with. Not everyone is going to like any particular brand for one reason or the other and I understand that. At the same time people need to take some responsibility for their own actions and learning the hobby and look inward. Not everything that happens is someone Else's fault.

Jerry

us
    Jul 2011
    Around Columbia SC
    rather not say! lol ;)

TOTALLY AGREE!!!!

Damn i was racing my Honda last night with Nitrous going 150 and the motor blew . They want to charge me $4000 for a new motor !!! this is insane!!! I HATE HONDA!!!!!

HAHA deff. kidding i <3 HONDA!!!
    But this topic is pretty funny i have it notify me cause i think its great!
    GO GAMECOCKS!!!

Charter Member
    us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Yarnell,AZ and Titusville,FL
    Right now: Garrett GTA 500, ACE 250, Fisher Impulse 8, Gold Bug 2, Whites GMT, Vibraprobe 570, and Falcon MD20
    1514 times
    Coinshooting, Gold prospecting, and Nuggetshooting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Jerry-Wi,
    No harm taken or intended. Take Care, my friend. TTC
    Hoy es un regalo de Dios.

ca
    Feb 2011

Quote Originally Posted by njnydigger
    The ONLY thing I use of theirs is the propointer (which is phenomenal), however, glad I never DID use any of their products before. Never WILL for that matter either.

I've had my propointer almost (3) years now. I lost the black holster thing that attaches to my belt a looooong time ago. Since that time, I've just been sticking my propointer in my finds pouch - simple fix & convenient. However, the propointer has a nasty habit of falling out of the pouch. I've lost my propointer in the woods before & let me tell you...it ain't fun finding it Called Kellyco and asked if they had any in stock. They said that the holsters only come with the propointer. So, next idea was to call Garrett directly. Surely they would have one I can purchase separately. Spoke to a very nice lady there and said she'd have to check for me. I called back later and they did indeed sell them separately...

For a whopping $30.00!!! Is that insane or what?!?! I had every intention of purchasing one. Figured a replacement would be $5, maybe $10...but $30 for a little black holster. Give me a break
    There's an old saying Mr. Garrett...

"Take care of the customer and the business will take care of itself". Highway robbery is NOT taking care of the customer

Thanks for nothing
    i use a bucket to carry everything, after having an ace 250 and fisher f2 i now have a cutlass tesoro that beats the stuffing out of both the 250 and f2. but as every one has said you cant beat the garrett pro pointer. witch is well worth the 127.00 dollars.

gringoo

us
    Mar 2010
    Florida
    ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
    2071 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

GARRETT RULES!!!!!

us
    Garrett watersports!

Apr 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
    173 times

Quote Originally Posted by lookindown
    GARRETT RULES!!!!!
    ................+1
    shinerod likes this.
    Just remember...what you miss today...I will find tomorrow!

us
    Jul 2011
    5 times

Quote Originally Posted by njnydigger
    The ONLY thing I use of theirs is the propointer (which is phenomenal), however, glad I never DID use any of their products before. Never WILL for that matter either.

I've had my propointer almost (3) years now. I lost the black holster thing that attaches to my belt a looooong time ago. Since that time, I've just been sticking my propointer in my finds pouch - simple fix & convenient. However, the propointer has a nasty habit of falling out of the pouch. I've lost my propointer in the woods before & let me tell you...it ain't fun finding it Called Kellyco and asked if they had any in stock. They said that the holsters only come with the propointer. So, next idea was to call Garrett directly. Surely they would have one I can purchase separately. Spoke to a very nice lady there and said she'd have to check for me. I called back later and they did indeed sell them separately...

For a whopping $30.00!!! Is that insane or what?!?! I had every intention of purchasing one. Figured a replacement would be $5, maybe $10...but $30 for a little black holster. Give me a break
    There's an old saying Mr. Garrett...

"Take care of the customer and the business will take care of itself". Highway robbery is NOT taking care of the customer

Thanks for nothing
    There is another well known quote out there. "Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you"!
    shinerod likes this.

us
    Do not forget me 24601

Oct 2011
    Indiana
    Tesoro Sidewinder, White's Coinmaster, White's Surfmaster II
    291 times
    Metal Detecting

Dozens of ways to skin a cat.
    Dozens of ways to deal with a lost holster.

While $30 is high for a holster, they may not sell enough separately to charge less.

I'd also check police/fire equipment sites for all the various belt holders...Pretty soon you'll have to have a 60" waist to be a cop with all the equipment they have to carry on their belts anymore....

As for me, I'd just make a new holster out of leather.

You will dig trash. Get over it.

Bev

I love Garrett and I'm sorry you're not getting the service you hoped for. Here is a possible solution for you and actually I think it's pretty nice:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bracket-Garr...item4ab3b26779

It's a bracket that holds the pointed right on the shaft. It's a little more weight to swing but it could be a consideration for you.

Just trying to help.

us
    Sep 2010
    southeast PA
    CTX3030
    61 times

Quote Originally Posted by lookindown
    GARRETT RULES!!!!!
    i thought the same thing for years..............until i recently bought a minelab
    down and dirty

us
    Nov 2008
    Seminole County, Ok.
    GTI 2500
    3 times
    Metal Detecting

Lets do a review of what we have learned:
    You lost your holster.
    You lost your pinpointer.
    You don't have the skills to improvise another method of carrying a pinpointer.
    Garrett sucks.
    shinerod likes this.

Bev

Nuff said.
    I think I would have put a "wanted to buy" classified ad on here, someone wouldve been glad to help out.

us
    what hath god wrought

Feb 2009
    Gateway to the 1000 Islands
    Sometime(s)
    647 times
    tectin crap

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	waaaa.jpg 
Views:	757 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	604549  
    shinerod likes this.
    Federal Bureau of Governmental Redundancy Reduction Agency

us
    Nov 2011
    Charles Town, WV
    Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
    810 times
    Banner Finds (1)

The button on the carrying case is metal. Retrace your steps and find it with your metal detector!
    "Life's a garden. DIG IT!!!" - - Joe Dirt

us
    May 2008
    lakelinden mi
    MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
    313 times

Gees,

I thought it was an ace 2 fiddy complaint.

No

any company that doesn't give you a cover for the loop on purchase ,yanks my chain. or you

buy there loop for 250.00 bucks and it still doesn't come with a cover.

what is the deal.

I can see if you had to replace one.

but from the get go.

does tesoro detectors come with loop covers.

or is it an option like every other company.

.................................................. ........................................liftloop.. .....................................
    I hate to discriminate but some times you have too!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Sponsors