Garrett SUCKS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

seabumm

Mar 22, 2012
Southern, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf II, Whites Beach 300,and Whites Surf PI.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You may walk a little funny,but you can always stick it where the sun don't shine...Of course thats just my opinion.
(I hope this Sarcasim finds you in good spirits) 428982_3210600313221_1512632348_2968590_2004991028_n.jpg

MongoLloyd

Mar 20, 2012
Mendocino County, CA
Detector(s) used
NEW DETECTOR: Minelab CTX-3030
Garrett AT Pro w/ Black Widow headphones; Garrett Pro-point; Lesche digger; "The Bomb #2" Sheath
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Too bad you base your opinion that "Garrett sucks" on a "phenomenal" pro=pointer, oin absolutely zero use of any of their other products, and because you lost a holster... and don't want to pay $30 to replace it.
Me? I own two ATs now... and a pro=pointer that works great.
If I needed a replacement holster and didn't want a nice leather holster for both the digger and the propointer (The Bomb Sheath), and I didn't want to pay what the reseller (Garrett) wanted... I would simply go to my local Army-Navy store, or police supply store. Most have various duty belt attachments that would work to hold a pro-pointer. They are, after all, about the same diameter as, say, clubs, or pepper spray canisters.

shinerod

Apr 22, 2012
Kalamazoo, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F2, Garrett GTAx400, Garrett Pro-Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
True, but if I did that I'd never find anything. Toys are for kids, grown-ups use REAL machines :laughing7:
I've recovered thousands of dollars in coins using the Garrett GTAx400. It cost me 90 dollars. Pretty nice toy...

shinerod

Apr 22, 2012
Kalamazoo, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F2, Garrett GTAx400, Garrett Pro-Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've heard only good things about the Garrett Pinpointer but I love my Sunray and if I lose that it means I lost the entire detector.

I just have to figure out a way not to lose my Lesche digger...I'm on number 3 or 4. If I was not so stubborn I would use the sheath but I hate trying to get it in there when mud is all over the blade.

NJ
Why don't you wipe it off first?

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've recovered thousands of dollars in coins using the Garrett GTAx400. It cost me 90 dollars. Pretty nice toy...
You must be the 1 in my area raping all the parks i found like 50 cents in clad today and drove and hunted many places..

MongoLloyd

Mar 20, 2012
Mendocino County, CA
Detector(s) used
NEW DETECTOR: Minelab CTX-3030
Garrett AT Pro w/ Black Widow headphones; Garrett Pro-point; Lesche digger; "The Bomb #2" Sheath
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK. It was this easy. I walked into Home Depot, to the hand tools aisle. Right on the rack... Husky brand... SKU 249-028; Knife holder; $4.97. Fits the Garrett Pro-pointer. Has a loop for belts. THey can be found online by entering the SKU into the searchbox on the Home Depot website. I fit my pro-pointer right into it. I saved you $25 that you can put towards a new Garrett At Pro!

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Hehe, 'nuff said.

Actually, lets add my 2 bits, just for the guys that state how much they hate the "bell tone".

I've been using Garrett detectors since the mid 1980's and agree that the bell tone has it's limits but it is just one function. I just don't use that function very often...easily turned on or off on the machines I have and my 80's machine still works, was bought used, and did go in for service once in late 80's or early 90's and they DIDN'T EVEN CHARGE ME! I was fully expecting to get a bill. Charles Garrett's CS dept sucks? Really??
On the AT pro, I started and learned in pro mode....there is no bell tone in pro mode. Pretty cool using bell tone in high trash areas, however! Not all the time, just to get a different read on a marginal target. Kept me from not passing up a coin/pull tab sandwich several times now.

Garrett makes some great machines and if you know how to use them.....HH all.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
People that bring up a post that is a year old for no reason suck. :icon_scratch:
Why not bring up a year old post? It is a perenial subject and would have surfaced again but in another form anyway. TC

Michigander Dan

Mar 11, 2012
Water Wonderland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett Pinpointer pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was going to suggest a flashlight holder too but GoodGuy beat me to it. :laughing7: He is exactly right, it should work nicely. Good luck and good Hunting.

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't use my pinpointer very often,but when I do I use my back pocket,it works for me.

kronos1962

Greenie
May 15, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don’t always use a pointer but when do I prefer Garrett’s Pro Pointer. Good hunting my friends.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Garrett makes great detectors...... You have to remember that the company that makes a product....Will always charge you more than a dealer..... WHY.... For they want you to buy from one of there dealers........Not from them........... And this ..nynjdigger has not made a post for about a year now on here...

Last edited:

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In reading this thread an idea popped for me .... attach a loop to your pinpointer, then attach that to one of those retractable key ring thingys that hooks onto your belt.... you know, the thing janitors use with the chain that pulls back in when the let go. you should never lose your probe then.

It works.

Bev

Mar 2, 2012
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK. It was this easy. I walked into Home Depot, to the hand tools aisle. Right on the rack... Husky brand... SKU 249-028; Knife holder; $4.97. Fits the Garrett Pro-pointer. Has a loop for belts. THey can be found online by entering the SKU into the searchbox on the Home Depot website. I fit my pro-pointer right into it. I saved you $25 that you can put towards a new Garrett At Pro!

I understand your frustration with the price but the title of your thread is disheartening. Garrett doesnt "suck" as you say and someone who doesnt read this exhausting thread will think that their equipment is poor.

How you lost the holster but still have your pro pointer leaves me wondering but, whatever. It's clear you feel it's too much money for a replacement holster and you are hoping that you'll get another from either someone here or from the company directly.

Take the advice above and use the clad your Propointer found for you and pick up that Huskly holster which will fit your need. Sorry if I've offended but I'm a little put off with your thread title and the possible damage it could be causing to a very good company. (You can read through my historical posts and you'll know I'm not a consistant heckler on here throwing insults left and right and most here know it.)

CousinEddie

Mar 22, 2012
Cark and Ellen's
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Vaquero, 31" Lesche Ball Handle Sampson Shovel, Lesche Tool, Garrett PP, Ultimate Gray Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Garrett could have made a nice bit of change off of me, but I wasn't charged one penny...:

I dented the front faceplate of my AT Pro. The dent could have compromised it's waterproof capabilities. It was a deep gash that I caused due to not paying attention. The repair shouldn't have been covered under their warranty and I was fully expecting to get a bill for charges. They replaced the faceplate for free and returned the machine on their own dime. They didn't have to replace the faceplate for free OR return it for free.

I have recently dealt with a metal detector company that tried to refuse to do repair work under their own warranties!!! I had to fight tooth and nail for 7 MONTHS for them to realize what I already knew...I had a faulty machine. 7 months to get a replacement machine from this particular company!!! Garrett's customer service was far beyond what I expected or what they had to provide in my situation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread