Not really treasure but kind of a find...

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
Not really a treasure but it's kind of afind none the less. This plant is really cool and I'm trying to ID it. I tried posting it in the GardenWeb but can't get the pics or links to work. I know I can post here and I know there's a lot of smart people here that might know what this is...gee maybe I should put it in the "What is it forum". Nah. It's not treasure. I guess the mods will move it if it actually belongs there rather than general discussion. It's a grass my father had and gave to me. I thought it was Zebra grass but it doesn't really look like most of the zebra grass I find on the net. Then some of the grasses it looks like don't get as big so I am unsure. It gets about 9 feet tall at his house just outside of Baltimore, MD. Here in NY I've only seen it get about 7 feet tall but I haven't gotten it really established so it might be an establishment thing or maybe a hardiness zone/growing season thing (they get about a month more of warm weather there). i'm looking to find out
1. What the heck it is
2. What kind of soil is best for it
3. What kind of fertilizer will maximize it's strength and size
4. How much water it needs to maximize strength and size
Anywho, here it is.

Attachments

• Grass 1.jpg
    Grass 1.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 184
  • Grass 2.jpg
    Grass 2.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 172