Detector Help?

TheOneAndOnly

Tenderfoot
May 22, 2011
Hi everyone im after some advice about metal detector's!

Im new to detecting so i dont want to go mad on the price so my price is around £200,my relative has a Ace Euro 350 which i had a go of and i thought was good.

I have been looking at the Ace 250 but are there any other choice's with my budget?

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might want to check in the Metal Detecting section and go to the Brands forums, and ask a few questions there. I'm not most of the diehards here and I only have one machine, the Ace 250. I really don't think there is too much of a difference between the 250, and the 350, except a higher price tag. The 250 will fit in your budget and you'll have fun using it. The best part is that it will pay for itself in no time.

Remember on this forum, you ask 100 people to give you a referral and you'll get 100 different answers :laughing7:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TheOneAndOnly said:
Hi everyone im after some advice about metal detector's!

Im new to detecting so i dont want to go mad on the price so my price is around £200,my relative has a Ace Euro 350 which i had a go of and i thought was good.

I have been looking at the Ace 250 but are there any other choice's with my budget?

YES!!!! Tesoro Silver uMax Metal Detector with 8" Search Coil

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Ello mate, welcome to the forum. An Ace250 will be fine if you're just "testing" out the hobby to see if you like it or not. It also depends on what you're looking for in the UK, where you intend to detect, and if you can get onto farmland etc.
No point spending a fortune if there's a chance it'll be in the garage in 4 months time collecting dust.
(Ignore Spartacus. He only uses his to hang around in parks watching the lady joggers.)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread