Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa, a man after my own heart, when it comes to hose ideas. :laughing9:

I would rather have everyone here not think along your lines, because that is how I would pitch those shows :tongue3:

I'm still waiting to hear about the possible compensation package. None of you that were contacted by the producer mentioned any money :dontknow: There is a ton of money to be made on this, and I want in on the gravy train... Just let me know the ball park figure you were offered, so I could get double :laughing7:

If a TV show, any TV show had a great premise and potential huge following, you would have to beat the sponsors away with a 2" x 4" Dan, you appear to have a reasonably successful radio show, and I'm sure you are compensated, and probably not by metal detector manufacturers either. IMHO, if you were sponsored by manufacturers, I am sure your show would be biased to their products and not really of any interest to the general public. If this were the case, I would consider your show nothing more than an infomercial :tongue3:

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
it would probably turn into a cross between cash and treasures and swamp people. :laughing7: :laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sniffer said:
it would probably turn into a cross between cash and treasures and swamp people. :laughing7: :laughing7:

I like Swamp people. at least it's on History channel &
Not true TV, Or they'd be fighting with Midgets & Mental
Midgets every week.

Cash & treasure had a few good Episodes

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't heard any updates on this one... Anyone?

The thing that really gripes my b u t t about these auction shows, pickers etc. is if you're like me buying & reselling jewelry collectibles etc. Now when you make an offer, you get some older lady squaring off with you arms crossed thinking you're gonna stand there making 10 or 15 counter offers on her $9 item. ::) When I actually walked away from a seller & they ran down the drive yelling "aren't you going to offer anything else?" I told her nope, that's my offer, and if I have to walk back up the drive it gets cut in half. And NO! your $2 item is still a $2 item no matter what you saw on pickers!

I've got to laugh at Pawn Stars! A guy walks in with a painting that Ricks "expert" values at $10,000. Rick does his standard, 1. long exhale 2. offers $900 3. whines that he's got overhead, needs to get it framed, it'll sit on his shelf for months blah blah 3. Ups his offer to $1000. The fool takes it?!?! :icon_scratch: Why doesn't the i d i o t take the painting to the "experts" shop down on Fremont or around on Bonanza? :dontknow: Has the guy ever heard of EBAY?

BTW: Rick (sorry brain f a r t ) Dave on Storage Wars isn't acting! He is a real j er k. He had a shop on Newport Blvd in Costa Mesa years back that I think he inherited from his Mom. FACT. He got his bum kicked by a father of a kid he ripped off. He made most of what he has / had buying (ripping off) people in Santa Ana Costa Mesa & Orange then selling things to the richies on Lido Isle & Balboa who had money to burn & didn't care what things cost. Over pricing everything. Ask any of the antique traders / dealers in Newport if they know the guy, if they're ole timers, you'll probably get a tour out the front door. :D :D :D ;D

OldNBroken

May 13, 2010
North Idaho
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, XP Deus, ETrac w/ sunray X1, SDC 2300, XTerra 705, ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who is Rick on Storage Wars?

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Nobody wants to see a bunch of fuddy duddys diggin up pull tabs and crap. Nobody is gonna film people diggin up treasure. Nobody digs up treasure, not real treasure. And if they did, it aint gonna be on tv. It's just not gonna happen.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread