Is Anyone Familiar with GARRETT 250 Subterranean? The LCD is Nice, But why $128?

adh247

Oct 30, 2007
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Special Edition
I am really Confused, I have not only NEVER seen this Garrett Model, But why is it also $128? I just feel like i am missing something... Someone Please shed some light on this if they know anything!
That would be Awesome, because by all means, if it is just like the ACE 250 or similar, then I would like to have it with that type of display!
Thanks Again,
Anthony
GARRGTT250.jpg
http://www.tmart.com/GARRGTT250-Subterranean-Metal-Detector-with-LCD-Display_p107084.html?ref=become

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
look on the display -- on the early models said Sliver * not Silver ---ruttt roow scobby doo --its a chinese made -- ACE 250 looking --"knock off" look a like

OP
OP
adh247

adh247

Oct 30, 2007
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
You know what... I was thinking the same thing! the reason is, if you notice the link that i submitted... Garrett is spelled wrong in the link as well. lol. so thats what is maybe going on then huh? you have to admit tho, you can see that display at night alot better! hehe.
Thanks Ivan!
Anthony

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd sat go ahead and buy one, you could use it like that cheap wrench I have just to throw against the wall when I bust up a knuckle. ;D

OP
OP
adh247

adh247

Oct 30, 2007
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
doesnt the fact that the wire is in the shaft change the ability for it to work more properly?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
the wire in the shaft will "bunch" or knot up as you shorten the shaft length - I wonder if its wiring runs straight from machines housing directly to coil? thus its ends are "fixed" --set permantly directly into the coil and housing--so no "changing" out the coil for a differant type of coil.

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
the wire in the shaft will "bunch" or knot up as you shorten the shaft length - I wonder if its wiring runs straight from machines housing directly to coil? thus its ends are "fixed" --set permantly directly into the coil and housing--so no "changing" out the coil for a differant type of coil.

Nah, changing the coil would be as easy as a screwdriver and a soldering iron.....

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
yah but compared to having a "normal plug in / out" type coil change --not much fun --

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
yah but compared to having a "normal plug in / out" type coil change --not much fun --
;D forgot to add that I was just being silly with the soldering iron comment..... Like I said before that detector would probably be best used to throw at something when you put a nice digger gouge in a rare coin or relic........ :laughing9:

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
minelab runs their coil wires inside the shaft as well. the wire is coiled and does not bunch up at all. that being said, this detector looks like a piece of crap to me! i would avoid it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread