S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hmmm said:
TheNewCatfish said:
I'm no expert of course, but I like to read about anthropology.. and i've been reading about it a long time. Frankly I'm a little hesitant to mention this, because I don't want you to go too far too fast into this cave on your own and get yourself killed. But I'll share what I know and let the chips fall where they may.

In primitive cultures caves were not used exclusively as living space. Sometimes a particular cave was viewed as a "gateway" to the unseen, supernatural world. These were mystical places where only shaman were admitted entry. The entrance of such a cave would have been covered in magic symbols and warnings against entry by the uninitiated. This appears to be what you discovered.

However impressive the entrance, it's only the tip of the iceberg. Deep within the cave, there would be other symbols and pictures held even MORE sacred by these people. Deeper = more spiritual. Perhaps their view of creation or whatever they regarded as worthy of their worship. In these inner chambers, shaman would have conducted secret rituals and rites. Perhaps travelling from there into the very "spirit" world itself. Awesome, Huh ?
Thanks for your concern, i have been crawling into these caves since i was a kid, i dont relay like tight spaces so i don't go for it, you are correct about the sacred caves, the two with the faces in them are placed on each side of a mountain, they are shamons caves. there are hundreds of others and only a hand full appear to be live in caves.
Do be careful! Stay aware of your tides, too.
Have you found any caves, that have water inside them, rising or lowering with the tides?
Have fun, good luck, and keep us updated!

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[/quote]
Do be careful! Stay aware of your tides, too.
Have you found any caves, that have water inside them, rising or lowering with the tides?
Have fun, good luck, and keep us updated!
[/quote] :icon_thumleft:
PAT ;D Dont worry bout me, when i go in, i take a boat and always have a way out.
i some times take passengers and they come out with a big smile. :laughing7:
its all good :icon_thumright:
rarely do i yell out :help: kiddin

Attachments

• cave1.jpg
    cave1.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 218
  • cave2.jpg
    cave2.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 226
  • cave3.jpg
    cave3.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 213
  • cave4.jpg
    cave4.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 220
  • cave5.jpg
    cave5.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 224

nuggy

Aug 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, had; Minelab Eureka, Bounty Hunter, Garrett, Fisher and Whites.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow - what an awesome spot! Like the two cave dwellers in last photos, as well.

Mu - could be, why not. Cave men - well if you are a man and you live in a cave - guess what?? You're a cave man - man. Of course there is the other way to be a cave man - accept all the rubbish we are told about history and the origins of man as gospel - makes little sense when in a century or two our mass of accumulated knowledge will make current beliefs seem quaint at best.

Yes - a cave with proximity to the sea would be a great place to live in an ice age.

Historians etc tend to leave out stuff that doesn't fit in with current acceptable knowledge - or what they believe and base their latest theory on.

This old planet has gone through some massive changes at times, ice ages, meteor strikes, biblical scale floods, nuclear winters caused by massive volcanic eruptions and who knows what else.

Tribes migrated and everyone came from somewhere else, picking up genes and knowledge along the way.

The sea level has moved a large amount over the centuries up and down - a guy I met showed me a tidal mud flat that was a field of grass with sheep grazing in it, 3 feet above high tide mark in the 1950s. I saw the photos, and stood at the spot they were taken from.

Hope you find the gold and knowledge you seek - thanks for sharing. Nuggy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread