ancient cave houses

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:help:
Hi all
i have found hundreds of caves on the ocean, many seem to have features of a house. this one has a place for a fire and above it is a hole for the smoke to exit the cave , it is about 300 feet to the back of the cave where it opens up in the bush, the ocean side entrance has boulders that protect it from the ocean and keep it dry.
;D has any one ever heard of a people who lived in caves. ???
many years ago i took a Indian elder to one of these caves and he said , "it was created by the bearded people from the beginning of time, not his people."
some of these caves seem to be set up as light houses.
the second picture is of the entrance to one, it looks like a whale guarding the entrance, when you go past the whale, the cave is the size of a house.
i would like to keep posting pictures and discussing this topic so feel free to weigh in with your thoughts.
:icon_sunny:

Attachments

• cavehouse.jpg
    cavehouse.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 487
  • whalelighthouse.jpg
    whalelighthouse.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 469

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uh huh! And you said these caves are located "where"? :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pat-tekker-cat said:
hmmm
It would help if you knew the location, they are on the west coast of Vancouver island in bc.
:laughing7:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hmmm said:
pat-tekker-cat said:
hmmm
It would help if you knew the location, they are on the west coast of Vancouver island in bc.
:laughing7:
Much legend about bearded ppls, from the beginning of time, traveling around, huh? :icon_thumleft:

Hope many will pipe in, looks like you got yaself a nice little treasure there! :hello:
Canadian huh? I should expect you back in florida about.........hmmm......November? LOL! :laughing7:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
To start with, they were not "created" by any people. They are visibly naturally occuring caves, from the action of the ocean against cliffs, etc.... That's not to say that no one ever "lived" in them though. If it were strictly native americans in your area, just remember, they had no refined metals prior to the coming of the Europeans. And your part of the world, as you know, would be at the earliest some Russians exploring that far east and south, and a few hearty explorers poking that far north from the Spanish empire down here. But basically, no one really "sticking around" till the 1800's, at the earliest. And sure, I suppose some of them might have "lived" in caves there. The same can be said of caves occuring anywhere in the world. You have nothing to loose by giving it a try :) If local kids have partied in there, you might encounter cans and litter. But hey, give it a try :icon_thumleft:

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
I have heard of these caves. there are also a lot of fossils to be found in them. chk the laws first. be a bummer if you got arrested, but what a thrill to dig in one. good luck

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hmmm said:
i would like to keep posting pictures and discussing this topic so feel free to weigh in with your thoughts.
:icon_sunny:

I think I'll have a sandwich. :-*

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool pics. Many early people used caves for homes. You can probably find out about the early people in your area at the local library. Be careful in caves, though. Don't go in past the the twilight zone alone. In fact, it would be better to get some experience and get others to go with you into a cave. You could check out the local grotto (cavers club) by going to the National Speleological Society web page (www.caves.org). Just started caving myself and I've found cavers to be almost as friendly and helpful as detectorists. Just don't ever talk about taking anything from a cave!

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom_in_CA said:
To start with, they were not "created" by any people. They are visibly naturally occuring caves, from the action of the ocean against cliffs, etc.... That's not to say that no one ever "lived" in them though. If it were strictly native americans in your area, just remember, they had no refined metals prior to the coming of the Europeans. And your part of the world, as you know, would be at the earliest some Russians exploring that far east and south, and a few hearty explorers poking that far north from the Spanish empire down here. But basically, no one really "sticking around" till the 1800's, at the earliest. And sure, I suppose some of them might have "lived" in caves there. The same can be said of caves occuring anywhere in the world. You have nothing to loose by giving it a try :) If local kids have partied in there, you might encounter cans and litter. But hey, give it a try :icon_thumleft:
tom your post is to main stream for me.

Attachments

• willy.jpg
    willy.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 392

TheNewCatfish

Mar 4, 2011
There's no telling who really discovered the Americas first, or how many times throughout history it has been visited. Neanderthal like drawings have been found in caves in Central America. Some people in South America seem to share genetic markers with Polynesian and Japanese people. The Irish appear to have left evidence of their arrival before the Vikings.. and don't forget the Roman artifacts found in Arkansas, or the Egyptian mummies with traces of cocaine and tobbacco in their remains.

The markings on the rock look later than Neolithic drawings to me, but i'm no expert. You need an acredited anthropologist on your team, or at least make contact with one for his expertise. You may have stumbled onto a very significant find that could answer some questions about the earliest explorations of the Americas.

I do know American Indian tribes are extremely quick to claim ANY ancient artifact as tribal history and property. So at the very least, it's interesting this find wasn't claimed "outright" by local native Americans and even they attribute it to an earlier people. Look forward to seeing you on the cover of National Geographic in a doctors office sometime soon. Good Luck.

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TheNewCatfish said:
There's no telling who really discovered the Americas first, or how many times throughout history it has been visited. Neanderthal like drawings have been found in caves in Central America. Some people in South America seem to share genetic markers with Polynesian and Japanese people. The Irish appear to have left evidence of their arrival before the Vikings.. and don't forget the Roman artifacts found in Arkansas, or the Egyptian mummies with traces of cocaine and tobbacco in their remains.

The markings on the rock look later than Neolithic drawings to me, but i'm no expert. You need an acredited anthropologist on your team, or at least make contact with one for his expertise. You may have stumbled onto a very significant find that could answer some questions about the earliest explorations of the Americas.

I do know American Indian tribes are extremely quick to claim ANY ancient artifact as tribal history and property. So at the very least, it's interesting this find wasn't claimed "outright" by local native Americans and even they attribute it to an earlier people. Look forward to seeing you on the cover of National Geographic in a doctors office sometime soon. Good Luck.
:hello2: HI Catfish
thank you , what a breath of fresh air, the old indian is the one in the picture, behind the old indian shaman is a sand stone wall, imbedded in the wall is pigments that create a painting , he said it was done through the art of illusion. said only the decedents of the people who created it, can see it. ::)
have a look at the painting and see if you can see it. :icon_farao:
:hello2: mamabear, i do intend to dig them, after i get rich and hire a archeologist, that is how the canadain laws are set up.
:hello2: pat cat i dont think you will ever see me in Florida, was invited to go visit charles berlitz but he has passed so i cant see my self making the trip.

Attachments

• MENF.JPG
    MENF.JPG
    5.9 KB · Views: 376
  • MENF.JPG
    MENF.JPG
    5.9 KB · Views: 384

TheNewCatfish

Mar 4, 2011
Incredible picture. I'd die and be happy to discover something like that just once in my lifetime. I make out six faces in the rock behind the shaman. Many great archaeological discoveries are made by amateur rock hounds, cavers, hikers and prospectors. Under another topic, I made the observation there are vast areas of the Americas which remain virtually unexplored. Places that have not seen a footprint made by anyone except small groups of explorers in over 200 years.

With satellite photography and aerial pictures we get the mistaken impression every square inch of land everywhere has been thoroughly searched and investigated already, and no new discovery remains. But such images can not reveal what you've found. That kind of discovery has to be made by someone on the ground. Someone with exceptional courage and curiosity. Again. Good Luck.

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TheHarleyMan2 said:
Uh, Don't want to make it sounding insulting to you, but didn't cavemen live in caves back in the dino days? :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:
:laughing11: :laughing11: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:
insulting to me , are you kidding. you may have hit the nail on the head, when i think dion's, i think mammoth and the ice age. :read2:
where would the best place be, to live through a ice age.
:laughing7: :laughing7: in caves on the ocean. :laughing7: :laughing7:
have a look at the light house cave, the pinnacle in the cave is about 30 feet high, it has a flat area behind it perfect for a fire Pitt. the cave complex behind it is like a fortress, there is even a side cave that used to go through to the bush.. locals used to go through it to get to the main part, it was filled in by someone in the early 1900's. what where the natives trying to hide. this is a example of what i want to dig out, i would like to dig out the entire fortress. greatest archeological find ever. better then the pyramids, if it was a shelter from the ice age. created by the people from the beginning of time who, as catfish points out, created a self portrait of them selves. :icon_farao:
for those who follow, we are digging in the blue hole to get the gold to fund the dig's. :laughing7:

Attachments

• lighthousecave.jpg
    lighthousecave.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 342
OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TheNewCatfish said:
Incredible picture. I'd die and be happy to discover something like that just once in my lifetime. I make out six faces in the rock behind the shaman. Many great archaeological discoveries are made by amateur rock hounds, cavers, hikers and prospectors. Under another topic, I made the observation there are vast areas of the Americas which remain virtually unexplored. Places that have not seen a footprint made by anyone except small groups of explorers in over 200 years.

With satellite photography and aerial pictures we get the mistaken impression every square inch of land everywhere has been thoroughly searched and investigated already, and no new discovery remains. But such images can not reveal what you've found. That kind of discovery has to be made by someone on the ground. Someone with exceptional courage and curiosity. Again. Good Luck.
here is another one, it is created by shadow patterns hitting a granite wall and can only be seen on the setting sun. ;D

Attachments

• frame1.jpg
    frame1.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 350
  • frame1.jpg
    frame1.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 356

TheNewCatfish

Mar 4, 2011
I'm no expert of course, but I like to read about anthropology.. and i've been reading about it a long time. Frankly I'm a little hesitant to mention this, because I don't want you to go too far too fast into this cave on your own and get yourself killed. But I'll share what I know and let the chips fall where they may.

In primitive cultures caves were not used exclusively as living space. Sometimes a particular cave was viewed as a "gateway" to the unseen, supernatural world. These were mystical places where only shaman were admitted entry. The entrance of such a cave would have been covered in magic symbols and warnings against entry by the uninitiated. This appears to be what you discovered.

However impressive the entrance, it's only the tip of the iceberg. Deep within the cave, there would be other symbols and pictures held even MORE sacred by these people. Deeper = more spiritual. Perhaps their view of creation or whatever they regarded as worthy of their worship. In these inner chambers, shaman would have conducted secret rituals and rites. Perhaps travelling from there into the very "spirit" world itself. Awesome, Huh ?

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TheNewCatfish said:
I'm no expert of course, but I like to read about anthropology.. and i've been reading about it a long time. Frankly I'm a little hesitant to mention this, because I don't want you to go too far too fast into this cave on your own and get yourself killed. But I'll share what I know and let the chips fall where they may.

In primitive cultures caves were not used exclusively as living space. Sometimes a particular cave was viewed as a "gateway" to the unseen, supernatural world. These were mystical places where only shaman were admitted entry. The entrance of such a cave would have been covered in magic symbols and warnings against entry by the uninitiated. This appears to be what you discovered.

However impressive the entrance, it's only the tip of the iceberg. Deep within the cave, there would be other symbols and pictures held even MORE sacred by these people. Deeper = more spiritual. Perhaps their view of creation or whatever they regarded as worthy of their worship. In these inner chambers, shaman would have conducted secret rituals and rites. Perhaps travelling from there into the very "spirit" world itself. Awesome, Huh ?
Thanks for your concern, i have been crawling into these caves since i was a kid, i dont relay like tight spaces so i don't go for it, you are correct about the sacred caves, the two with the faces in them are placed on each side of a mountain, they are shamons caves. there are hundreds of others and only a hand full appear to be live in caves.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sure, I have heard of folks living in caves.

geico-caveman-airport.jpg

I believe the correct name is :troglodyte.

PS HarleyMan - folks did not overlap with dinosaurs. There's a 60 million year gap between us & them. ;-)

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
index.php

I see raisin bread. :dontknow:

What are we supposed to see in the image? ???

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:read2:
We went to explore another cave , i had thought it was a live in cave but never explored past it around the corner, we went around the corner and there is another entrance. i am starting to think this is a loct culture connected to the lost continant of "mu" . in mu there is said to be 100 cave houses along the shore. maybe i have found the lost island of MU.
:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread