Cant say enough good things about Minelabs service department.

Rockin Chairs Gold

Dec 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Pro Coil, SunRay X 5.5, S.E.F. 6x8, Excalibur II
Can't say enough good things about Minelab's service department.

I purchased a new Minelab Excalibur II 1000 in March of this year, and up till last Saturday 6-4-2011 it was only gotten out of the closet to charge the battery and a couple time to bench test the machine to see how it reacted to different targets and the different tones it made.

Last Saturday my wife and I took it out to a local beach for a trial run. Didn't find much, some clad, pennies and a aluminum toe ring.

When we got home I took it apart to rinse the sand out of the shaft so it wouldn't lock up. When I got done I took it into the house to dry it off and reassemble it. While I was doing this I noticed the right wing on the control housing had a crack all the way across it, right through the mounting pin hole. How this came about I have no Idea.

I called Minelabs service center Monday morning 6-4-2011 and they emailed me a prepaid shipping form for UPS. Tuesday morning I shipped it. This morning Thursday 6-9-2011 I received a phone call saying they had received it and were going to ship me a brand new replacement the first part of next week so I wouldn't miss out on to much of the hunting season.

I consider this very good service and a lot of consideration on their part so I wouldn't be with out my machine right at the beginning of our hunting season.

I am a little nervous about how the crack got there to begin with as this machine only has a one year warranty and if this happens after the warranty runs out it will be my expense to replace it. But for now I must say they made me very happy. Rick :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread