Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Treasure Probe IV, Minelab E-Trac. White's 6000 Di Pro SL. White's Eagle ll SL90, Minelab Excalibur, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, TinyTec, AutoScan, UniProbe, 15" WOT, 5X10 Joey, Stea
    1276 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)

battery damage claim

Has anyone had any luck in getting a battery pod replaced because of a leaky battery? I have an Excalibur and since the alkaline battery pod is sealed, when a battery failed and leaked, it caused some expansion in the pod which cracked the case in several places. I was thinking maybe Duracell would replace the pod since they have a guarantee on their batteries against damage to electrical devices. One problem might be that the battery "use by" date was 2 months ago. Does Minelab know about this problem? Seems to me the pod design should account for this fairly common problem. According to Kellyco, these pods are on back order. Thanks for your help.
    Mark
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

us
    Nov 2008
    Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
    76 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Re: battery damage claim

I doubt that is covered under warranty. I'm pretty sure the Minelab owners manual sates to not leave alkaline batteries unused in the pods. You'll have to buy another. These pods are back ordered. I'm sorry you experienced this.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Treasure Probe IV, Minelab E-Trac. White's 6000 Di Pro SL. White's Eagle ll SL90, Minelab Excalibur, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, TinyTec, AutoScan, UniProbe, 15" WOT, 5X10 Joey, Stea
    1276 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Surely they wouldn't expect you to remove the batteries from the pod after every use. If so, I would think they would design the pod so you could just unscrew the top and drop the batteries in instead of needing an allen wrench and silicon gel for the "O" ring. I had used that particular pod just a couple weeks before and it worked fine. It's not as if the batteries were years out of date.
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

us
    Feb 2006
    GARRETT PRO
    964 times

Removing the battery pod after each hunt also allows for the user to inspect the batteries and any leakage...
    The more one learns the more he understands his ignorance. I am simply an ignor ant man trying to lessen his ignorance
    Those with the most birthdays live the longest

Sponsors