cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone had any luck in getting a battery pod replaced because of a leaky battery? I have an Excalibur and since the alkaline battery pod is sealed, when a battery failed and leaked, it caused some expansion in the pod which cracked the case in several places. I was thinking maybe Duracell would replace the pod since they have a guarantee on their batteries against damage to electrical devices. One problem might be that the battery "use by" date was 2 months ago. Does Minelab know about this problem? Seems to me the pod design should account for this fairly common problem. According to Kellyco, these pods are on back order. Thanks for your help.
Mark

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I doubt that is covered under warranty. I'm pretty sure the Minelab owners manual sates to not leave alkaline batteries unused in the pods. You'll have to buy another. These pods are back ordered. I'm sorry you experienced this.

OP
OP
cudamark

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surely they wouldn't expect you to remove the batteries from the pod after every use. If so, I would think they would design the pod so you could just unscrew the top and drop the batteries in instead of needing an allen wrench and silicon gel for the "O" ring. I had used that particular pod just a couple weeks before and it worked fine. It's not as if the batteries were years out of date.

S

stefen

Removing the battery pod after each hunt also allows for the user to inspect the batteries and any leakage...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread