@#&%*@ Thieves!

spear85

Apr 23, 2011
Re: @#&%*@ Thieves!

Sorry to hear about the stolen goods! Thieves just have no place....if u cant afford it then you dont need it!! Now, this wont help you find out anything that happened when those detectors were stolen but if you are going to continue using the storage unit...get yourself a trail camera and mount it in the unit. It has to be an infrared camera though so there is no flash whatsoever...these things are amazing and people have no clue they are even there. My wifes younger sister is graduating high school this year...but last year she was getting mixed up in the wrong crowd and we suspected drugs going on. We noticed their mothers basement door was being left open at night, i hid the camera real well in the basement and what do ya know...there was drug dealing going on in the basement with the back door being the transaction spot. I know its off subject a bit but just shows if u have the suspicions...and u can figure a good place to put it and catch someone than it could help greatly in the future as far as evidence goes.

From what i understand though its hard to use that evidence against someone (pretty dumb considering you can have pics or video of someone committing the crime yet its not permissable), correct me if i am wrong but in some cases the law will not use photos or videos for evidence?

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sorry for your lost. Go visit your new brother in law and search his house. He sounds like a drug users, and just a crook. Best of luck to you.

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

One thing I can't stand is a thief, but it's even worse if I know the thief..... Thing is, you may never get any of the stuff back, but hopefully the scumbag will end up on the wrong side of an angry homeowner some night and it'll be problem solved.......

Good luck with your sister, I didn't talk to mine for years over the dirtball she married, hers was a druggie and a thief, and I know he's behind missing items at my parents house. Another self solving problem though, he got good and wasted and put his truck into a tree......game over.

NaturalJWL

Jul 19, 2007
NC

Sniffer said:
the only thing worse than a thief is a liar. you know a thief will steal, and if the will steal, they will lie. I'm not saying to forget about it, just don't let it eat you up

Agreed.

A thief steals material goods, which can be replaced.

A liar steals the truth, along with trust, which can never be replaced.

dirty digger dude

May 16, 2011

I would sumise that the thief is involved with other things that are illegal. Keep a close eye on him and tip off the police often. Someone there is looking to add a notch to their arrest record.
Go to the pawn shops nearby and tip them off a metal detector [your brand/model] is stolen. They don't want it if they know it is stolen.
Keep a file on the guy. Where he works or not works, his habits, vices etc etc something will turn up that you can get him busted. :icon_thumleft:

littlebill31

Jul 2, 2011
Southern Delaware
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350

Sorry to hear that. I had a similar experience so I found a storage place that, for a couple dollars more a month, has theft insurance. I think I pay $10.00 extra for that.
Checking the pawn shops is a good idea, but I would put an ad in the local paper with a really good description of the detectors and say when, where they were stolen.

Now, the Marine in me would skin that dudes face and wear it as a hat. But that's just me.

DarkRider23

May 31, 2011

If you know who did it, break into their place and take your stuff back. You'll definitely get in trouble with the law for breaking and entering if you get caught, but the good thing is getting your stuff back isn't considered theft. If he sold your stuff off, then it's on. Steal back as much stuff as it takes to replace all your items. That's what I would do, at least.

joshuall

Tenderfoot
Jun 21, 2009

Eric Willoughby said:
Hello all, I am back. Only this time I am starting from scratch all over again. It seems that my storage unit was broken into a month ago and my two metal detectors were stolen alomng with all my of my fathers electrician tools and generator. I know darn well who one of the thieves are, but the sheriffs department isnt doing squat about it. The crazy part about all of this is, the person(s) who broke into my unit had cut the padlock off of it and replaced it with another one to make it appear to the property manager as if it wasnt tampered with. The LEO's here refuse to dust for prints on the lock, or to even follow any of the leads that I gave them..... what's worse is that the person who is involved is my younger sister's abusive boyfriend who she just ended up marrying without telling anyone last week.

I have never felt this angry in my life and I am really trying to hold it together, I am just trying to figure a way of how to deal with this scumbag and how to get back into treasure hunting, I can no longer afford to replace these high dollar units at $1000 bucks a each. If anyone has a good quality used detector for sale at an affordable price, please let me know.

>:( :help:
dude!if she can handle a beeting from him - she can handle his beetdown by U!!!! :dontknow:

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Eric Willoughby said:
Hello all, I am back. Only this time I am starting from scratch all over again. It seems that my storage unit was broken into a month ago and my two metal detectors were stolen alomng with all my of my fathers electrician tools and generator. I know darn well who one of the thieves are, but the sheriffs department isnt doing squat about it. The crazy part about all of this is, the person(s) who broke into my unit had cut the padlock off of it and replaced it with another one to make it appear to the property manager as if it wasnt tampered with. The LEO's here refuse to dust for prints on the lock, or to even follow any of the leads that I gave them..... what's worse is that the person who is involved is my younger sister's abusive boyfriend who she just ended up marrying without telling anyone last week.

I have never felt this angry in my life and I am really trying to hold it together, I am just trying to figure a way of how to deal with this scumbag and how to get back into treasure hunting, I can no longer afford to replace these high dollar units at $1000 bucks a each. If anyone has a good quality used detector for sale at an affordable price, please let me know.

>:( :help:
You think you got it bad?

I was just notified one of my "so called clients" used an unauthorized CC to buy over 7,000.00 worth of merchandise on several purchases during the month of May. The money was taken from my acct. without notice! The products were shipped, and the con made away with the equipment. And I'm trying to feed a family with another baby on the way. We will get through this though. Hold your composure, they will get theirs someday.

claydog65

Feb 16, 2008

Check all the pawn shops! If you have any documents with serial numbers, etc. the pawn shop can verify if they have the items or not (if they are honest). You can then go to your local law enforcement agency and they will help you get your items back legally. If you can prove the person who stole the items sold them or pawned them by his or her signature at the pawn shop, then you can press charges (a legal butt whooping). If someone were hurting my sister though, I think I would be purchasing some kudzu seed and renting a backhoe for a proper "country burial" of the jerk.

I.B.Diggin

Tenderfoot
Jun 27, 2011
Missouri
Detector(s) used
(Primary) Garrett 1500 GTI , Ace 250

Y'all ever been in the woods after a bad storm went thru?? Seen them great big trees that were blow"d over? Them root wad holes are great places to hide "things", just thro in a bag of lime and cut tree top off! tree trunk stands rite back up in place! nuff said!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread