NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Game cameras are your best bet, plus you might want to give the local sheriff a call and let them know there's been trespassing and vandalism going on. Might help.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
mr magoo -- i respect your service -- however --folks "tresspassing" illegally and removing items without permission are CALLED "THIEFS"--- frankly --they do not belong upon another persons land "recovering history" without the landowners ok -- its called TRESSPASSING AND STEALING not "recoverying history" ---legally done -yes its recovering history --- I like most folks , hate theifs and tresspassers as well --folks like that will screw up our "hobby" of recovering history by giving detecting folks a bad name . and getting us banned --tresspassing jerks being their "in a rush" leave their holes unfilled causing innocent folks to twist their ankles --turn arounds fair play . -- if they were not breaking the law by tresspassing they would not get hurt, now would they?

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best way to catch a thief.....by the throat with a pitbull.

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Just put up a few of these....

Attachments

• trespassing 2.jpg
    trespassing 2.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 727

oldcoon

Jul 10, 2010
Middletown, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is against the law to set a trap for a human being that can result in injury. Keep that in mind. You could end up in worse trouble that a simple trespasser.

The second sentence in the original post about the 1 oz. gold Kugerrand told me all I needed to know about why others were detecting there. You told.

A piece of advice from someone who has been in this hobby for many years, the next time you find something of value keep it to yourself and yourself alone. Don't tell your wife, your kids, your parents, your minister, your best friend or Jesus. Ain't nobody's business but yours.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OldCoon, could we see some pics of your finds? :laughing7:

OP
OP
ynpto804

ynpto804

Jan 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Sun-ray X-5 coil and X-1 Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old coon- no I didn't tell, the gold was found in a sock draw. I might be dump but I ain't stupid. This place butts up to a very well known protected area. So any idiot can get the idea there might be something good around. Just looking to stop those idiots...

Just another thought about all this while I'm thinking. Locks are only designed to keep the honest people honest. Kinda the same way about no trespassing signs it seems.

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006
(The following is presented for entertainment purposes only, and is not meant to be taken as legal advice of any kind.)

If the property is fenced in, big bad loud dogs. Then fire a shotgun in the air to give'm warning that someone knows they're there. If you can hire some scary looking guy to play the part, they might think twice about trespassing where some paranoid crazy homeless dude camps out.... :D

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
HAHAHAHAHA! Your booby traps can't stop a "pro" like me! Here is a vid I made of my last metal detecting excursion:

LMAO booby traps. This thread is pure hilarity.

ok2raise

Dec 30, 2008
here
Detector(s) used
DEALER OF Garrett, & Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BOOBY TRAPS?????????? you people got to be kidding.
If not get a life.
40 years ago a man keep having his house broke in so he set a booby trap at the window where they came in. he only wanted to shock the bugular instead it electicuted a 17 year old boy.He was convicted of 1st degree manslaughter.yep in his own house. BOOBY TRAP?
Their is no simple booby trap

ask any Vietnam vet

check this link out

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/06/27/us/trial-set-in-booby-trap-death.html

IS ANY RELIC WORTH SOMEONES LIFE?

Even a so called simple nail can cause blood poision
JUST ASK ME

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We use motion cameras that look like rocks, motion sensors (some guys have live satellite feeds to their freakin' phones!) hooked to solar-battery lights, and or digital voice boxes that say you are being filmed anre trespassing on our gold claims in the Weaver and Bradshaw mountains. Some guys still use the "75-cent method," sitting about 400-yards away at elevation and loosing a 30-30 round close enough for you to hear the supersonic "pop" of love - LOL! :laughing7:

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This Thread does Read " How do you catch a THIEF? "

Everyone has the right to share their ideas.. Whether they may be illegal or not... The question was not directed for 1 specific answer...... I like the many ideas....

wstgo

May 3, 2011
Canastota, New York
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Honestly? my opinion is, if its not your property its not your problem. You are asking for trouble if you try to booby trap these people. In just about any State I am pretty sure it is a crime to use a booby trap to harm someone regardless of that persons intent. I think we have all heard of burglars that have gotten hurt inside peoples homes while they were stealing and have sued the home owners. I don't think going to prison for maiming or killing these people is worth it. ???

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Just put up some signs all around the property in visible areas that say "WARNING: VIDEO SURVEILLANCE ON THESE PREMISES".

Also, you can buy these cheap, fake video cameras that run a single red LED light on a AA battery. They look pretty real - fake lens and all. Put up a couple of those on some power poles or something. We had a couple up at the shop where I used to work and stuff stopped growing legs and walking away after that. No more missing tools, equipment, or gas after we mounted two of them on the front of the building.

No need to go punji pit on these guys.

friends-punji-sticks.jpg

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
hombre_de_plata_flaco said:
Just put up some signs all around the property in visible areas that say "WARNING: VIDEO SURVEILLANCE ON THESE PREMISES".

Also, you can buy these cheap, fake video cameras that run a single red LED light on a AA battery. They look pretty real - fake lens and all. Put up a couple of those on some power poles or something. We had a couple up at the shop where I used to work and stuff stopped growing legs and walking away after that. No more missing tools, equipment, or gas after we mounted two of them on the front of the building.

No need to go punji pit on these guys.

friends-punji-sticks.jpg
PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
ynpto804

ynpto804

Jan 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Sun-ray X-5 coil and X-1 Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I never thought so many responses would come from this. I'm gonna go with the game cameras. Found a couple good ones on line that aint that expensive.

So for now Im gonna leave the clay moores and the waist high fish hooks in the closet.

wstgo- Not my property not my problem doesn't work in my book. I've got permission for surrounding property so if some low life's go trashing the neighbors property I could lose my right to hunt there too(Although I will be informing them of whats as well of whats going on).

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
your best bet would be to just do the easy thing, contact the local cops and ask them to keep an eye out for you -or wait until you think they are going (next nice night or weekend) and take a few nights to drive around and see if anyone is parking near their land). if you can find out when the people are trespassing with video evidence you can give it to the cops also - but with out plates from cars (make and model) they usually will only file a report and let it go.

what I'd do is find out where they went in, where they dug, and set up a cam where you think they'd park. get good pictures of their cars (don't harm or destroy them as they will likely sue you even if they are doing some thing totally illegal.) make sure the whole area is posted with no trespassing signs. once you find out who- then get the property owner to file papers ($35 bucks at a magistrates office, and submit the video evidence of the people, the plates from their cars and the code of your state law for trespassing in the evidence to your local sheriff/constable.) you will probably going to end up in court testifying so it's best to not create more problems for yourself by trying to damage their cars or trying to hurt or intimidate with force- it's happened here in PA before- a guy unloads a shot gun and the cops come out and arrest the shooter not the kids he's trying to keep from stealing his stuff- the brats called the cops scared and didn't mention they were breaking in to his garage or stealing his gas.

my younger brother once unloaded an SKS in to the back of a pickup truck as they were on posted property stealing parts from our junk cars. he hit the truck with about 20 rounds and swiss cheesed the box, from a 30 round mag, then reloaded -the guys later drove by the house after he walked 200 yards to the house, to have some choice words with him, and he explained he had 30 more rounds :o they didn't hang around or call anyone, they took off like a bat outta he11- he's lucky he didn't kill someone and he wasn't shot by them. it could have been bad all the way around. kind of stupid all the way around, but more then anything he was mad they kept stealing his car parts.

it's best not to create more grief or drama for yourself or the landowner- just keep in mind they will have to go to court once the guys are caught. they need to know that. you might not have to- but if your the guy calling the cops on the trespassers the cops might just write citations/fines and end of story. 40 acres is a lot of ground to patrol- get your local PD involved- best to keep out of trouble, and not create trouble for the landowner- the crazy ideas about booby traps might seem cool, but the property owner could be sued off his own land if he knowingly setup something to harm someone - even if they deserve it... :evil7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread