Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What does the one in the last picture do? :dontknow:

lobsterman

Jan 8, 2005
Maine
It is to fire a shotgun shell, (that one is set up with a clamp to fire horizontal), the ones i have heard of pot growers using lay flat and fire into the ground to scare off any 2 or 4 legged critters.

Stringtyer

Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@Oldcoon ... re: not telling anyone about your finds ... you don't have to tell Jesus, he already knows! :laughing7:

As for catching the thief, if I read correctly, the land is fenced off and the common thieves have to park and hike in. If there is an area where most folks can access the land and if it is likely that others may use that same access, it may be beneficial to set up a trail camera in an are that can watch the entry point. At least that would give you the ability to know what the perps are driving and report that to the police. Also, if you have any idea as to when the poachers are entering the dig site, some simple surveillance for a few days might be good. A few pictures with no confrontation is a whole lot of good evidence for law enforcement. As ridiculous as this next question is, could it be that someone else has permission to dig on the same land?

As for booby traps, that idea is abject stupidity. I'm reasonably certain that all states have laws prohibiting the posting of any sort of traps that could cause any physical damage, injury, or death. As much as many folks would like to "show these bad guys who is boss", threats (assault) or harm (battery) are still not lawful. I'm not saying it wouldn't be fun, it just ain't allowed.

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If every landowner booby-trapped their private property, half the metal detectors and arrowhead hunters I know would be missing a foot. And they’d still be hunting lol

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
oh its best to camo it up so that its to the side of a trail they use * do not use the flash option as it will give away the cameras location -- a pit fall type "ankle twister" pit is another non lethal favorite --a few foot deep pit say a foot wide and say 2 foot long by 2 foot deep -- covered criss cross pattern wize with thin tiny twigs and covered with leaf debris once stepped upon the foot goes in twisting the jerks ankle --

if one wants to maim a bit but not kill --use the ankle twister pit with the following-- a chunk of two by four with big nails driven thru it--placed so the points face upward placed at the bottom of the hole --or soda / beer bottles neck down are shoved in the dirt and the bottles busted -- used the bottle one in the past myself once --ugly mess once they stepped in it sliced his foot to bits--and once you find out who got treated for getting their foot mangled at the local hospital you know who was tresspassing --they can not say squat about it because they would reveal their "tresspassing" crime by doing so --uh make sure yer land is very well "posted" )

Really? Vietcong warfare? Do you have Any Idea what that would do to Livestock, Deer and other animals? Not to mention the property owner or others that have reasons to be on the land.

He said he wanted to KEEP PERMISSION TO HUNT THERE.

Ynp...It's probably been suggested but putting camo game cams up high, without flash where trespassers would park to access the property is a good idea. Usually trespassers don't wanna have far to run to their vehicles.

Look for where vehicles might have parked.... go out there with your partner at night with the cams ready to mount and get in and out fast... you have no idea at this point Who the trespassers are so you can't trust any neighbors.

Good Luck

Kace

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread cleaned, it violates no rules to post on old threads, while there is nothing wrong with pointing out the thread is old, it violates our rules to attack someone because they revived an old thread.

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’d say after 7 years of original thread, we might know what became of this trespasser if op pipes back in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread