Nevada Coyote

Oct 20, 2009
Yerington, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Bounty Gold Digger, Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Pennies...seriously, they're stressing me out

The old saying is, "See a penny and pick it up, and all day you'll have good luck." That's only if it is heads up. On the other hand, I have 99 pennies at home and pick up a penny, then I have a dollar. Dollars add up, and could lead into another toy. If you pick up one dime and ten pennies, how much do you have?
A penny saved is a penny earned.
Thanks for listening
Nevada Coyote

Jerry-Wi

Mar 21, 2009

Pennies are a good indicator of how much the area has been hunted. As a rule, if there has been little or no metal detecting activity there should be a distribution of all coin denominations. Nothing but pennies is a sure indicator of other people detecting there and passing them by. I admit that I am digging fewer pennies as I get older because there is a limit to how many times I can get up and down in a day.

Jerry

OP
OP
S

Skillets

Mar 6, 2007
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have to say, you have all given me various outlooks to consider, and I thank you. As a result, I think I'll make an effort to change my views on the penny phenomenon, and look at it as gen-u-ine US currency that can only add up...and is always a much better option than can slaw... ::)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread