Civil War in Michigan.

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
interesting question.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Civil_War

looks like they were loyal to the union, and didn't see any battles- but probably had many troops in the field. it's possible that in working areas that were depots (train stations ect), training areas, and forts- relics might be found, but not in the same way that dropped battle fields hold relics from the actual fighting sites...

the wiki link was interesting reading also.

have a good one man, keep finding silver... :)

fishbone3d

Apr 1, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Whites Prizm III, Bounty Hunter
Any place that had a veteran or a descendant of them. I live in Indiana, and find CW buttons, and bullets sometimes. Most soldiers brought their uniforms and supplies home after the war in those days. Find out what regiment was close to you, and find out where the camp was for them. You might just hit a virgin goldmine! :icon_thumleft:

Use this first to find out who owned the property, if the maps are old enough for your area. http://www.historicmapworks.com/Browse/United_States/Michigan/Page/2/

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
custers calvary men that held off jeb stuarts attack around the flank at gettysburg where michigan men . -- while michigan was too far north for direct battle sites to be there --there were CW vets from mich.

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
I always wanted to find something civil war related...guess it would be a long shot, especially since I'm in Upper Michigan.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Coinstriking Michigan said:
I always wanted to find something civil war related...guess it would be a long shot, especially since I'm in Upper Michigan.
Don't count out Revolutionary War camp sites. I have friends that find some nice RW stuff in N. Mi.

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
Woodland Detectors said:
Coinstriking Michigan said:
Don't count out Revolutionary War camp sites. I have friends that find some nice RW stuff in N. Mi.

In the Upper Peninsula of Michigan?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
yep the was rev war action in the great lakes area (mostly naval but naval forces had "land bases" )--check your local rev war history :icon_thumleft:

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, lots of old stuff in Michigan, look for trading sites and forts. I've gotten into the 1600's/1700's in the UP. You always have the chance of finding civil war items carried home by veterans. Best bet is plan a vacation down south

HH
-GC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread