meteorites and x terra 705

joshuall

Tenderfoot
Jun 21, 2009
Hey guys,Im thinking of buying my first detector.Minelab x terra 705 seems like a great detector to get.Besides e-trec is beond my budget.Will it work for meteorite detecting??I wanna use it for everything but meteorite hunting just sounds like alot of fun! :read2:

My second question,do i need permission to drive out to the arizona desert to hunt if its not privatly owned?
Is there enyware i can hunt where i dont need permition ? (other than the beach) ???
California/arizona

P.S. whats a good coil for meteorite hunting??

drewan29

Apr 2, 2010
Toivola,MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II 1000 Ace 250 Whites Prizm 3
The only thing I could tell ya is check with your local jurisdiction i.e sheriff's dept,city police, or land management burea/Dept of Natural Resources since things are different in other city,town's and county's. One thing that I strongly suggest is get a plat book they will tell you who owns what land wise and how much they own and where the property lines are here I get mine from the local 4-H club.
Hope that this helps
drewan

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
joshuall said:
Hey guys,Im thinking of buying my first detector.Minelab x terra 705 seems like a great detector to get.Besides e-trec is beond my budget.Will it work for meteorite detecting??I wanna use it for everything but meteorite hunting just sounds like alot of fun! :read2:

My second question,do i need permission to drive out to the arizona desert to hunt if its not privatly owned?
Is there enyware i can hunt where i dont need permition ? (other than the beach) ???
California/arizona

P.S. whats a good coil for meteorite hunting??

As for your first question, yes, the Minelab X Terra 705 will find meteorites. As for just driving out in the desert --- NO, NO, NO! First, The current Administration in Washington has made it against Federal law to remove meteorites from Federal land, under their interpretation of the "Antiquities Law." Second, most areas with known falls are under claim (BLM), or on privately owned land. Gold Basin, north of Kingman, is the perfect example. Further south, in Central Arizona, near Wickenburg, EVERYTHING is claimed (gold claims), and you get caught with a metal detector on one of them, you go to jail for the night - if you are lucky.

Are you just starting, or do you have detecting experience? There may be a better, or less expensive detector for the job you are trying to accomplish. Terry - ArizonaMeteoriteAdventures.com

OP
OP
J

joshuall

Tenderfoot
Jun 21, 2009
well that sux,does the same rule aply to gold prospecting?
would the feds give permission for this?or is that just a stupid question?

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
joshuall said:
Not a stupid question at all. Gold prospecting can be very sensitive too. There are strict claims on these properties. I suggest joining GPAA and hit a few meetings and outings. They will be glad to show you the ropes. To answer your question, the 705 will indeed detect Meteorites.

Have fun!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Woodland Detectors said:
joshuall said:
Not a stupid question at all. Gold prospecting can be very sensitive too. There are strict claims on these properties. I suggest joining GPAA and hit a few meetings and outings. They will be glad to show you the ropes. To answer your question, the 705 will indeed detect Meteorites.

Have fun!

Great info and suggestion Mike! Where are you located? I can send you a list of clubs in your area. This link will take you to a list of all the Arizona Gold Prospecting Clubs.. http://www.arizonagoldadventures.com/id26.html

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
joshuall said:
thanks guys,eny california clubs?

Central Valley Prospectors [A Chapter of the GPAA]
Fresno, CA USA
Ph: 1-559-681-5144
Nonprofit organization for gold hunters of all ages. We have prospecting outings, speakers, workshops, raffles, potlucks, and school presentations.
Meets on the third Tuesday of each month at 6:30 PM in the all purpose room at River Bluff Elementary School which is located in NW Fresno at 6510 W. Palo Alto Ave. just south of W. Herndon Ave between Hayes and Bryan.

Coarsegold Gold Prospectors
PO Box 152
Coarsegold, CA 93614 USA
Ph: 1-559-642-6173 or 1- 559-658-5756
We are a non-profit service and educational prospecting organization, established in 1997 for prospecting. We are dedicated to the promotion of the 1849 miners experience and protection of the act to promote the developement of the mining resources of the United States May 10, 1872 (Mining Act 1872) Wherein our Liberty and Freedom lie.

First Class Miners, Inc.
P.O. Box 2127
Yucca Valley, 92286 USA
Jim Wharff (President)
Contact Webmaster: [email protected]
This is a non-profit organization for the advancement of education for its members, local community, and requesting organizations in the skills and art of placer gold prospecting and mining, and the laws and regulations governing such activities.

Friends of Last Chance Canyon, The
E-Mail: [email protected] (email address)
The Friends of Last Chance Canyon has a 160 acre placer claim in the El paso Mountains of California.
Non profit 501(c)3

Golden Caribou Mining Association
PO Box 300
Belden, CA 95915 USA
Club Info Contact: Gordon K. Burton (GCMC Owner)
Ph: 1-650-692-1932 or 1-530-283-5141
E-Mail: [email protected]
Webmaster E-Mail: [email protected]
We have over 1500 acres of claims on the North Fork of the Feather River and the adjoining tributaries. We also have 200 acres of claims near Quartzsite, Arizona, and two claims near Happy Camp, CA.

Gold Prospectors Association of America (G.P.A.A.)
43445 Business Park Dr., Suite 113
Temecula, CA 92590 USA
PO Box 891509
Temecula, CA 92589 USA
1-909-699-4749, 1-800 551-9707 or fax: 1-909-699-4062

G.P.A.A. ICO Club
GPAA/LDMA members only!
Was founded in 1968 to preserve and promote the great heritage of the North American Prospector, and to provide a platform for the exchange of information to help its members find more gold. This site is constructed for GPAA/LDMA members who also use ICQ as a means of communication and to promote recreational gold prospecting. It is hopeful that other's will join in and enjoy the pleasures that this fasinating hobby brings.

Hi Desert Gold Diggers, Inc.
P.O. Box 401447
Hesperia, CA 92340 USA
Dan Shults (President)
Webmasters: Bob DeCamp & Willy Olsen
Meetings are on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 7:30 pm, Church of the Valley, 20700 Standing Rock Ave., Apple Valley, CA. December Christmas Party will start at 6:00 pm.

Lost Dutchman's Mining Association Inc.
PO Box 891509
Temecula, CA 92589 USA
1-909-699-4749 or fax: 1-909-699-4062
LDMA Properties:
Arizona; Stanton.
Calif.; Dulsenberg, Finley, Italian Bar, Klamath River, and Scott River.
Colorado; Leadville, and Nederland Camp.
Georgia; The Loud Mine.
Nevada; High Divide Property.
Oregon; Burnt River Camp, and The Cave Creek Property.
South Carolina; Oconee Camp.
North Carolina; Vein Mountain.
LDMA Claims:
Yuba River Claims; Downieville, Calif.
Lost Dutchman Claim; Stanton, Arizona.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread