Executive Order to Ban the hoarding of Gold.

Chaps

May 29, 2011
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 350

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I, personally, have heard nothing like that. Utah just made it legal to pay for things using gold or silver, meaning it must be accepted by venders. Sounds to me like we are more likely to see a movement towards more gold usage than banning it. Of course, this is just an opinion and hopefully someone will post better info. :-[ TTC

OP
OP
Chaps

Chaps

May 29, 2011
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
TerryC said:
I, personally, have heard nothing like that. Utah just made it legal to pay for things using gold or silver, meaning it must be accepted by venders. Sounds to me like we are more likely to see a movement towards more gold usage than banning it. Of course, this is just an opinion and hopefully someone will post better info. :-[ TTC

I hope your right, but just to be on the safe side if someone wants to invest, silver will be the way to go. They will not ban silver or copper. Gold is what will be on chopping block. So buy silver i have already started while the price is still low. If this happens the price of silver will skyrocket.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All I can Say Is If they want It ?????? No further comment!!! Other than What Gold????? we Never Had any!!!! Note to self Delete posts!!! Note I think those were sold When gold was at (900.00 an Ounce!!!!) to crap for gold!!!!! Might have been for 700.00 I don't remember!!! HH Chug i think we received 9.52 (Crap) is this considered as a Legal DOC Nope I'm drunk!!! LMAO

OP
OP
Chaps

Chaps

May 29, 2011
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Chug and Red said:
All I can Say Is If they want It ?????? No further comment!!! Other than What Gold????? we Never Had any!!!! Note to self Delete posts!!! Note I think those were sold When gold was at (900.00 an Ounce!!!!) to crap for gold!!!!! Might have been for 700.00 I don't remember!!! HH Chug i think we received 9.52 (Crap) is this considered as a Legal DOC Nope I'm drunk!!! LMAO

Facebook is considered as a legal document in court. So im not for sure but everything we discuss here is an opinion. So i think we are safe. What Gold???

Dan Hughes

Aug 26, 2008
Champaign, IL
Detector(s) used
Several
Chaps said:
I am currently overseas and dont have many resources here. But i have heard through word of mouth, that an executive order is going to be placed in effect soon. It will be the same executive order that FDR had placed in 1933/34 and continued to 1971. If anyone has any info please share.

I think this stupid joke article started the rumor. There are so many idiots out there:

http://skinnyreporter.com/obamagoldban.html

---Dan Hughes, http://treasuremanual.com

OP
OP
Chaps

Chaps

May 29, 2011
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Dan Hughes said:
Chaps said:
I am currently overseas and dont have many resources here. But i have heard through word of mouth, that an executive order is going to be placed in effect soon. It will be the same executive order that FDR had placed in 1933/34 and continued to 1971. If anyone has any info please share.

I think this stupid joke article started the rumor. There are so many idiots out there:

http://skinnyreporter.com/obamagoldban.html

---Dan Hughes, http://treasuremanual.com
Now no need for name calling, But it has happened before in 1933/34. It could happen again. It is someone's opinion and you should respect that.

Dan Hughes

Aug 26, 2008
Champaign, IL
Detector(s) used
Several
Chaps said:
Now no need for name calling, But it has happened before in 1933/34. It could happen again. It is someone's opinion and you should respect that.

Huh? Name-calling? Someone's opinion? Did you read the article? It wasn't serious, it was just a joke - like the stuff they print in The Onion, or Mad magazine. The author's name is "Justin Thyme" - Just in time - get it? And it is written as if this has already happened, when of course it hasn't. A satire, Chaps! Not real, not meant to be real!

The website's slogan is "Arriving at truth, through the Non-Scientific Method: Testing political theories by examining absurdity through the application of illogic." Somebody must have missed that.

OP
OP
Chaps

Chaps

May 29, 2011
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Dan Hughes said:
Chaps said:

Huh? Name-calling? Someone's opinion? Did you read the article? It wasn't serious, it was just a joke - like the stuff they print in The Onion, or Mad magazine. The author's name is "Justin Thyme" - Just in time - get it? And it is written as if this has already happened, when of course it hasn't. A satire, Chaps! Not real, not meant to be real!

The website's slogan is "Arriving at truth, through the Non-Scientific Method: Testing political theories by examining absurdity through the application of illogic." Somebody must have missed that.

Look Dude, I understand what you are saying, I have never seen this before. Didnt say it was real, didn't say anything about the link. I just heard from a few buddies that are very reliable sources that it has been talked about. And when i say talked about i mean on a government level, not some talkshow or internet.

OP
OP
Chaps

Chaps

May 29, 2011
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Chaps said:
Dan Hughes said:
Chaps said:

Look Dude, I understand what you are saying, I have never seen this before. Didnt say it was real, didn't say anything about the link. I just heard from a few buddies that are very reliable sources that it has been talked about. And when i say talked about i mean on a government level, not some talkshow or internet.

But thanks for your input, could see what you mean by the link. First time i have seen it.

Dan Hughes

Aug 26, 2008
Champaign, IL
Detector(s) used
Several
If you really believe this is going to happen, then the best course of action would be for you to sell your gold immediately for market price, rather than turn it in to the government later for a fraction of its value.

But I can't see it happening. I did some internet searching, and found no credible sources (but lots of urban-legend type hysteria).

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Gee that news ain't so swell! We don't want the coppers to find our gold, so the dame and I are gonna leave the speakeasy early tonight and pack the Model-T full of all our Gold Double Eagles. We'll bury them in the countryside under the old oak tree, then dance the Charleston all night while we listen Louis Armstrong on the RCA Victor phonograph. That jazz music sure does swing!

OP
OP
Chaps

Chaps

May 29, 2011
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Dan Hughes said:
If you really believe this is going to happen, then the best course of action would be for you to sell your gold immediately for market price, rather than turn it in to the government later for a fraction of its value.

But I can't see it happening. I did some internet searching, and found no credible sources (but lots of urban-legend type hysteria).

I m currently on a contract with some guys that work for the Secretary of Defense and they kinda hinted around about it. These guys are creditable. So we will see what happens. But i would not sell my gold. Wait till there finished collecting then they will raise the price. Then sell.

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Chaps said:
Dan Hughes said:

I m currently on a contract with some guys that work for the Secretary of Defense and they kinda hinted around about it. These guys are creditable. So we will see what happens. But i would not sell my gold. Wait till there finished collecting then they will raise the price. Then sell.

Who would you sell it to if it were illegal to privately own? The last time this happened after all the gold was rounded up, FDR devalued the dollar causing the price to spike to $45oz IIRC, so I see your point, but finding a buyer could prove troublesome.

I don't think this scenario will occur BTW.

OP
OP
Chaps

Chaps

May 29, 2011
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
hombre_de_plata_flaco said:
Chaps said:
Dan Hughes said:

Who would you sell it to if it were illegal to privately own? The last time this happened after all the gold was rounded up, FDR devalued the dollar causing the price to spike to $45oz IIRC, so I see your point, but finding a buyer could prove troublesome.

I don't think this scenario will occur BTW.

I think that you could still sell it to the government at the better rate. But i hope it dose not happen.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chaps is right... it COULD happen.... but not likely. That would cause the Chinese/US debt picture to collapse!.... Hmmmm, China is recently the world's leading silver buyer..... Hmmm What's up with that? ( a double-whammy to the US dollar!) TTC

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
The Chinese are counterfeiting many valuable silver dollars that were made some 100-300 years ago,so be careful what you buy. They are so real that they fooled a dealer I know. He thought he was getting a great deal on some collectable silver dollars,and he was,but they were not real.He lost lots of money on them,also I believe they are going to counterfeit gold coins soon,if they haven't already. Some countries are now wanting gold as payment for US debts and this might bring about a law requiring citizens to sell their gold to the government.This is the only way they could come up with enough gold to pay off the debts,especially the Chinese.The dollar is losing face and some counties don't want any more.The Chinese are now even counterfeiting certified coins in solid plastic cases,and that is especially hard to tell from the real thing. So far the US hasn'tdone anything to stop the illegal counterfeiters.After years of counterfieting everything from jewelry,watches,sunglasses,handbags and other apparel,now they have entered into another venture with coins. rockhound

Newt

Bronze Member
Dec 10, 2007
Georgia
Detector(s) used
1265X and Tejon
I'll never say never, but this ain't gonna happen anytime soon.
It would destroy our economy overnight.
Too much tied to gold right now. Just ask your investment advisor.

Newt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions