• heat wave.jpg
    heat wave.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 281

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes....and it kicks my ass every time I try to detect.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Farscape said:
Yes....and it kicks my ass every time I try to detect.
Your not alone, I wilt pretty quick. :tongue3:

OP
OP
DIGDIG

DIGDIG

Nov 23, 2009
Space Coast/Florida
Detector(s) used
WHITES SURF P.I.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I been trying to wait until the sun goes low and hunt the last hour of sunlight.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
See that 107,That's where I,m at,don't like sweat in my eyes,dust caked arms,soaked clothes,think I'll hunt in the lake for a spell!!!!God Bless HH Chris

Attachments

• 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 337

allan

Oct 7, 2008
Vega Baja
I am glad to be down here away from all that ,drink plenty of fluids and sit in the shade. Sad that a guy in the tropics says its too hot up there !

snowdogg70

Jun 23, 2011
burlington ontario
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 bounty hunter 2200's garrett at pro 2 garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
38 c or 118 f here today, just way too hot plus the dirt is hard like cement. been trying beach with only clad to be found

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
:icon_thumright:

I posted a few days ago on this heatwave....asking if anyone else is going nocturnal (as I have recently been working nights) - I was out last Sunday night till about 5 am. found clad, but didn't die from heat...if your going at night, headlamps rock, bring plenty of bug stuff- the mosquitoes ate me alive! it was a nice cool 66F out- muggy and hot tonight after 96 degrees today here in PA (just south of Binghamton NY) - I still plan on going out someplace soon, as I can find someplace where I won't get in trouble for being there after dusk! :)

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Texas,it's been over a 100 degrees for the last 2 months now and with NO RAIN :icon_scratch: :help:

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea man been in the 100's with the heat index up here and HUMID!!!!! I been going in the mornings, like 7am to 11 am, its better then but where i been going there are soooooo many damn skeeter.....35% deet barely works.

SpringTxDigger

Dec 28, 2008
Katy Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes to HOT is right! Welcome to Texas. Although It's been Hot everywhere lately. Come on fall.

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Go west young man, go west. Here on the west coast it's in the 70's with no humidity. It's nice and cool near the ocean and can get a little chilly with the wind blowing. Hate to rub it in! :tongue3:

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Ah sorry man -I'd rather be warm then deal with the crazy laws in Cali :P...no thanks... :dontknow:

on a good note I did some CRH'ing this weekend- it's worth looking in to... just like you never know till you dig, same deal. (I like money!!!)..after all have to do something while it's too hot to hunt. :)

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Yeah way too hot for me. I have a beautiful old 1800's place to detect never been there out in middle of no where, but can't go because of the heat.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Come on you guys. I'm 73 and I hit 3 beaches last week. It was only 90, but that sea breeze made it tolerable. Of course I had to take a break every 4 hours! Now back home and after I change the oil in my MH I am going to hit a couple of acers in the shady areas. Suppose to only hit high 80's. Frank

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live in Florida, so we're used to high tempatures and humidity that create a massive heat index. But at least we get the winter where weather is darn near perfect.

It's not right that you folks up north have to put up with extreme heat and cold.

I feel for you. :'(

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it is hot here in Ohio also. The ground is so hard you can not dig in it. So I have turned to water detecting for the next month or so......Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread