Pro Pointer Problems.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Just to follow up, I got my pin pointer back from Garrett yesterday. They sent me a brand new one! :)

Yea, the old one is in the dumpster and it is almost full. lol Frank... 111-2 700.jpg You have to excuse me guys, this is one of my fun days!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Momentary? I have a 4 yr old that holds it for me...
There is a resister in there that gets too hot.

4 years old! Think of how much postage you saved by not having to send it back all the time. Get a new spare HF. They are still only about $18 and have the instant on/off switch. Frank...

111-1 profile.jpg

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had battery concerns as mentioned. One thing I've done which seems to have cured the problem was to seat a quarter in the cap above the battery to give a firmer contact with the spring clips when tightened down. Easy possible fix and worth a try.
luvsdux

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wit, been using the Harbor Freight pinpointer for over a year with no problems. I paid $16 for it.
It has the same pickup power as the Pro pointer and you can mod it yourself. I installed a bright blue LED that lights when it finds the target. My XLT pinpoints to within app. 1 " and the HF picks up the slack. If I wanted to pay big bucks, I would get the Vibra Probe which is 100 Times better. It even turns itself on and off automaticly. Frank

I agree with Frank. The Vibra Probe is much better than the Pro Pointer. I have both. It is waterproof and more durable. You have to be careful not to get the Pro Pointer wet and dirt into the switch. Don't have to worry about that with the Vibraprobe. I received the Pro Pointer and it didn't even work. Had to get another at another extra $12 for shipping. Shelved my Garrett in favor of the VibraProbe. The Pro pointer is highly overrated.

joesdigs

Dec 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Garrett pro pointer is a falsing erratic chirping piece of ****.... The only good thing about it is the holster... Never again will I buy garrett

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread