Dangers in the sand

goldnugget

Nov 3, 2005
East Coast U S A
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab XP-Pro- MinelabExcaliber -Fisher1260 Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Equinox 800
I used to go barefoot on the beach. One day as I was digging with my feet to clear some sand I hit a Rusty Nail and before I got it checked out by a Doctor ,my large toe was turning blue, I also had cut my finger and it was starting to get infected.Everything turned out ok on antibiotics.I now where a pair of Merrell Sandal on the beach and in the water.

HARRASS

Aug 19, 2011
Alexandria
Detector(s) used
2 Excals, tiger shark, explorer, Quattro, ace 250 and an f2
When I work a new beach or my regular beaches I dig everything. At the end I hand the life guard or someone in charge all the nasty stuff I collected in the water. I am not only welcomed with open arms, I usually get a free pass at the gate.

CanadianTrout

May 21, 2007
Canada
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
HARRASS said:
When I work a new beach or my regular beaches I dig everything. At the end I hand the life guard or someone in charge all the nasty stuff I collected in the water. I am not only welcomed with open arms, I usually get a free pass at the gate.

x2

It has saved my bacon a couple times when a cop or a By law officer showed up to kick me out (I assumed someone complained about a guy "digging up" the park).

After showing them the field where I have been digging (alll holes filled and plugged of course) they just scratch their head. Then I show them my trash bag contained sharps, nails, various metal shards and bits and explain I keep everything I find. The trash bag gets emptied in a garbage can or when I get home.

Everytime the officer has said "Oh. Ok. Have fun."

S

stefen

A 6 year old boy recieved 2nd and 3rd degree burns as a result of buried embers from a beach bonfire...now suing the City of Huntington Beach, CA (Surf City)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions