Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone , For those of you that know me know I truly love this great hobby of ours , As many of you know I was a very very regular person to be on this site with comments an finds an in general just hanging out learning an being around awesome folks .Some may have noticed I haven't been around much since last summer ......long story short ...I got real sick an found out I have a very bad heart that is 32% larger than normal an heart disease ..between that an 3 heart attacks in 2 months kinda halted life a bit .

Here's where I need some help from all my TNet family , I had 3 stents put in April an will be going in on the 11Th of next month to have a defibulator installed , then the way it sounds be put on the list for a heart transplant .

Is there anyone in the TNet community that has had a transplant or defibulator put in that would be willing to answer some questions for me an kinda tell me how things went for them an the life changes involved .

I'm not looking for sympathy or to cry one anyones shoulder , its life an the cards I've been dealt .Thanks for reading my long winded saga Happy Hunting everyone an may there be treasure in every swing of your coil .

:icon_thumleft: Tank

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o

Shocked to hear you have been ill :o My wife works in Hospital Theatre I could ask here :dontknow:

I hope everything works out OK for you, and you get back swing that coil soon :icon_thumleft:

Best Wishes...Silver Searcher :icon_thumleft:

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't answer your questions but I really hope everything works out. I know my Uncle went through the same thing and is in good health today.

Brian

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Long winded? Naw mate, I've only got one stent and i'd have whined three times longer than your post about it! lol.

Can't help on answers sorry, but wish you all the best for the future. :thumbsup:

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad your ok after your episodes.

Sounds like ya got a good doc. My brother went through the same thing, he had a few heart attacks and had some stents in, a few years ago he had a defib and a pacemaker installed and he went back to work.
He is a correction officer and needed a few more years for full retirement. He retired last month and has not sat down yet, He said it improved his life from what it was and can do things he could not do before....

I'll keep ya in my prayers, but something tells me your going to be showing some great finds after detecting all day without being winded :wink:

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your in my prayers bro . A guy I use to work with had that defib and a pacemaker deal it put him back just about to normal. :icon_sunny:

xmarks73

Jan 1, 2011
S.E Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Ace 250, and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no idea, but prayers are with ya man. Take care of yourself out there.

OP
OP
Tank69

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the kind words an encouragement everyone :icon_thumleft:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tank69, Is life over.... as you knew it? NOT A CHANCE! I have a heart problem, but no stents yet. I simply carry a very small, three-legged, fold-up stool with me. I get tired... I sit down. If you seem to be thinking about the rocking chair more, FIGHT IT! Your choice. Take care. TTC

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hang in there Tank, I wondered what happened to you. I am close to the same boat and must sit down after walking a ways. It must be why I like hunting deep water where I can lay back and rest. You are gonna be in my prayers.

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminds me of a funny detecting story.
I was at the beach one day with a friend. We were detecting and when he came back he told me a lady had freaked out on him for getting to close with his detector. The lady yelled at my friend that her husband had just had a pacemaker put in and she was afriad the radio waves from the detector were going to throw off his pacemaker and give him another heart attack.
I also had a lady ask me if I was afraid of getting electrocuted one day when I was detecting in the water. I had to laugh at that one!

xmarks73

Jan 1, 2011
S.E Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Ace 250, and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coinshooter said:
Reminds me of a funny detecting story.
I was at the beach one day with a friend. We were detecting and when he came back he told me a lady had freaked out on him for getting to close with his detector. The lady yelled at my friend that her husband had just had a pacemaker put in and she was afriad the radio waves from the detector were going to throw off his pacemaker and give him another heart attack.
I also had a lady ask me if I was afraid of getting electrocuted one day when I was detecting in the water. I had to laugh at that one!
Mine was a woman stormed up to me in the lake and asked very firmly, what I was doing to the water. It took everything I had to not say. peeing in it! :tongue3: (As she stood next to me) I stayed nice and smiled and told her I was checking to see how much nuclear waste Fermi lost last week. I laughed and told her I was metal detecting. Not even a grin from the woman. :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions