can u plez tell me about my whites blue max

Jul 21, 2011
Wv 2 miles from Western,Md
Detector(s) used
Teroso Sand Shark
I have a Whites Blue Max 950 that I bought used about ten years ago. I just started using it but I am wondering if I need a different one for the beach. Today I was at Virginia Beach and when I was near the water on wet sand it kept ringing iron every other second. Do I need a different metal detector for the beach? And for someone just starting in this hobby can someone reccomend a good detector??

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
missmetaldetectingdiva said:
I have a Whites Blue Max 950 that I bought used about ten years ago. I just started using it but I am wondering if I need a different one for the beach. Today I was at Virginia Beach and when I was near the water on wet sand it kept ringing iron every other second. Do I need a different metal detector for the beach? And for someone just starting in this hobby can someone reccomend a good detector??
You surely came to the RIGHT place!!Welcome Aboard!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes. You need a different md for the beach. Any one that has a PULSE INDUCTION circuit is the preferred machine for salt water. The constant "iron" beeps are caused by the minerals in the water. Most VLF machines can't handle it. Welcome Aboard! I've hunted the VA Beach area. You have a DYNAMITE place to hunt! TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread