Is this normal?

Henry2

May 27, 2011
6 straight hours would take its toll on most people ;D You might be able to pick up a smaller coil for that model detector also, that might help.

pastorals

Jul 12, 2011
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A harness is a good solution to swinging a heavy detector, but if you find it doesn't solve the problem for you, check out Tesoro Detectors. Many Tesoros are very light. I have aTesoro Vaquero and it weighs 2.2 pounds!! You can swing it all day, and Tesoros are excellent machines.check them out.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try using a pair of suspenders.......Matt

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On a long hunt I use a camelback. I have a rubber bunge I shortened up that I clip on the detector and then the end with carabiner gets clipped camelback.

Attachments

• DSC06978.jpg
    DSC06978.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 222

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
extractor said:
On a long hunt I use a camelback. I have a rubber bunge I shortened up that I clip on the detector and then the end with carabiner gets clipped camelback.

I do the same thing Extractor, I also have a Camelbac, 2 liter, I have sunscreen clipped on to it,as well as the bungee for my detector harness.........I LOVE using the Camelbac, I always have cold water with me now when I hunt, even in chest deep water I can have a nice cool drink any time I want....

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I did the harness thing with the Minelab Etrac after using one on my Ace 350 -I would go out and walk/swing all night- here's a good idea someone gave me- shorten your pole so your coil is closer to your feet. it makes it weigh less being closer but with the harness I can move it back and forth with two fingers so it's not really a big deal. I'd only recommend taking a lot of breaks and if you are prone to carpel tunnel or tennis elbow go really slow with lots of breaks with stretching out before and after swinging for any duration.

I have tennis elbow in both arms from over doing it weight lifting before I started metal detecting in the spring of this year. swinging a coil aggravates it, but even the doctor told me recently again, the harm is done- pop some advil and enjoy what ever your doing. you can't make it much worse once it's hurting anyhow, tennis elbow is mostly just annoyingly painful- if anything it's the hurting bad enoug to keep me awake that bothers me....

honestly slow down if your hurting!!!! the stuff in the ground isn't going any where...it will wait for you. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread