Reselling a tungsten carbide band...

austin_hunter

Jul 18, 2011
Austin, Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, Bounty Hunter 101
I found this ring a few weeks ago, and have just been holding onto it, but I really want to get my 1266-X out of hock, so I wanted to ask - what's the best approach for selling this ring? Most pawn shops don't deal in TC, and I've posted it on Craigslist, but so far, no takers... it's a $380 ring, so I figure it's gotta have SOME resale value...?! Ideas?

large_image.jpg

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out feepay to get an idea of what they sell for used.
Then price is slightly lower and list it. It will sell if it is lower than all the others.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
coinshooter said:
Check out feepay to get an idea of what they sell for used.
Then price is slightly lower and list it. It will sell if it is lower than all the others.

I agree , you probably wont get retail so drop the Price where you feel comfortable on selling it and see what happens!!! HH Chug

We still Have Our first one Red wont let Me sell it!!!! Unless we find another one Better!!!!!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but even though someone may BUY a tungsten carbide ring for a few hundred $$, yet the resell and/or smelt value, is very little. It is not a precious metal, with any melt value. Oh sure, that doesn't stop them from getting sold in jewelry stores for a lot of $$, but hard to turn around and resell for anything near what a jewelry store sells them for. This material has become a substitute for gold and silver in jewelry in recent years, and is a nuisance for us md'rs to find.

OP
OP
austin_hunter

austin_hunter

Jul 18, 2011
Austin, Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, Bounty Hunter 101
Yeah, when I took it to a jeweler to have them read the stamp, and she said it's tungsten - I have to admit, I was instantly disappointed. I had an idea it wasn't titanium (whole 'nuther story), but it's such a beautifully manufactured, HEAVY ring, I knew it had to have SOME sort of value... I've got it on CL now for $100, and I didn't mention it was a wedding band - I figured that would widen my prospects... will keep y'all updated.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread