Poll on prices of fully covered hunting trips.

How much would you pay to go on a week long fully covered (meals, boarding,etc ; the only thing you

• 0-200

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 200-300

• 300-400

• 400-500

• 500+

• Total voters

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What you're asking for, with everything included will cost more than $500 if you plan on staying in a hotel or such. Remember after a full day hunting, a good warm shower and a comfortable bed in almost a must have. I've been to a hunt for three days, paid my hotel and food and had close to $600 in it and no regrets or buyers remorse, I'd do it again in a second.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take a week of vacation every year just so I can go and detector and do some prospecting. I check for hotel where I get a free breakfast. I can normally get a room for around $75 or less if you shop around. Then it depends on how far you would like to drive. I normally take off for a weekend now and then just to go detecting. And I will spent somewhere around $200 for the weekend. I don't worry about the cost just worry about having fun....Matt

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I voted $500 but it would depend on what the accommodations were. I'd pay more if the accommodations were decent. To spend 5 nights in a tent, peeing in the woods, and eating canned beans for dinner I'd want to pay a lot less.

Frankly, I'd rather take care of my own accommodations and just pay a fee to detect a proven CW field. Let us know what you find out about pricing. I'd be interested in doing something similar if such an opportunity exists.

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've spent $100.00 in a day just to go recon a site. Fuel by far the biggest expense but my meals for the day, drinks, minor stuff...it all adds up.

Al

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread