another reason areas get declared closed

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
have been reading the wrangles over certain county parks. all too often the "real" reason u get info about a certain area being closed

is that it is someone elses honey hole. there are sooo many requests here on t net wanting to know if certain areas are ok.

when u get an area closed reply, dont necesssarily take it as gospel. there are many who will misinform just to cut down

on their competition. the really vindictive will say an area is open that they know is closed, hoping u will lose ur machine.

my best advice is try it as long as it isnt posted. experiance is the best teacher. its awful ez to just post an ask.just aint reliable

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
You really need to change that avatar pic' mate. I never get past your first sentence without having an epileptic seizure and chewing my desk! :tard:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
"my best advice is try it as long as it isnt posted."

I agree. And if someone is still skittish (thinks that might not be comprehensive enough), they're welcome to check that county or city's website for more minutia/rules. In this day and age, most public entities like that have a website. Or if not, at least, the rule book available for public viewing on the desk at city or county hall. If those more comprehensive lists don't mention the word "metal detecting", well then ....... by golly ..... I guess it's not prohibited now is it. :o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions