300th Anniversary of the 1715 Fleet Disaster

1715man

Aug 7, 2011
Hi Folks......I am new to this site. I just wanted to make you all aware that we are just about four years away from the 300th anniversary of the 1715 Fleet Disaster. The 1715 Fleet Society created a website dedicated to commemorating this event. We have several links including Photo Gallery (which depict high definition pictures of Fleet treasure), Articles, Newsletter, Calendar, Archives (my personal favorite) and others. Please visit the site and give me your thoughts. While you are there you might want to check out our Products link to see what commemorative items we have produced. This website is basically a labor of love so it is not perfect. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Upcoming events will get posted as soon as things get scheduled. Thank you very much. Best regards, I remain..............1715 man

island hopper

Tenderfoot
Dec 11, 2009
I know of several people who have already emailed you with additional information but their emails went ignored.

It seems you are very particular with what you want people to know about the 1715 fleet.

Other than buy your merchandise, what specifically are you looking for?

OP
OP

1715man

Aug 7, 2011
island hopper.......Thank you for your e mail. After receiving your response I checked my e mails and could not find anyone who did not receive a response. I did have a few folks that wanted me to link to their products or post a story and they are in line for further action. I have received nearly a hundred e mails since I launched the site on May 1 and have done my very best keep up with those who are kind enough to contact me. If there is anyone that I have failed to contact due to an oversight please have them get in touch with me as I take this effort very seriously and would not want to offend anyone.
I am a curator of history so I try to provide interesting historical articles, photos, archival material and information that is Fleet related. Our goal is to promote awareness about the upcoming anniversary. Much of our material is from private collections that have been loaned to us for publication. The majority this info has been out of the public domain for decades. About our merchandise. It is sold at cost. We make no profit. It is simply to promote awareness. Best regards, I remain...........1715 man

OP
OP

1715man

Aug 7, 2011
Hello all. Just wanted to solicit help from the Mexican silver cob collectors in the audience. The 1715 Fleet Society (1715fleetsociety.com) is preparing a guide to grading Mexican silver cobs. Input from the collector community is crucial. Please take a minute to complete the survey located on our website. After going to the site please access the NEWSLETTER link, then, once there scroll down past the introductory paragraph and you will see the survey link. Thank you very much, Best Regards, I remain.............1715 man

seascribe

Greenie
Mar 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LimaSk01.jpg Hi, Folks--

I visit the 1715 Fleet Society site often...to keep up with its progress. Under "Photo Gallery" they have installed a link to many pictures of silver cobs from the 1715 Fleet, calling it their "Research Collection". If you are a fan of cobs, you should visit that feature; the collection has just added "dynamics", where clicking on one of the photos enlarges the obverse and adds the reverse ...plus a "Coin Description"... for your examination. There are three pages to this "Collection Section", to be fully running by mid-May. DON'T MISS IT! (Remember...this site is still under construction and there will be many scheduled changes/additions to it during the countdown to the 300th Anniversary of the 1715 Fleet sinking.)

Seascribe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread