Silver Spoiled

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So how many hunts with no silver do you have to go on before you consider yourself on a silver drought?

I think I've become spoiled. I was just sitting here thinking I have not found silver in a while. That 'while' is two one hour hunts on Monday and yesterday. The hunt before that I found a 1917 Merc and a 1891 Seated dime. Two weeks ago I found a 1885 Morgan. I had to sit back and laugh at myself. When I started detecting there would be weeks if not months between silvers.

I hope everyone finds silver and gold on their next hunt.

NJ

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly, I get a little grumpy when I go on ONE hunt without silver. I usually go on runs of 10-15 hunts with silver and then have a day of trying new spots with no luck. Or the worst, digging 20 wheats and still no silver.

OP
OP
N.J.THer

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
bazinga said:
Honestly, I get a little grumpy when I go on ONE hunt without silver. I usually go on runs of 10-15 hunts with silver and then have a day of trying new spots with no luck. Or the worst, digging 20 wheats and still no silver.

Okay...so it is not just me...lol.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Silver gives me a rush,GOLD WWWHHHOOOAAA!!!!!!!!!Keeps a man determined,ain't no lyin about that now!!!!!!

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
N.J.THer said:
bazinga said:

Okay...so it is not just me...lol.

Ha, nope, it's not just you. You just get older silver in your neck of the woods. I have to settle for 1920s parks much of the year since the fields are usually planted or frozen for most of it here.

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
geeze - you guys are spoiled- I'd love to find four or five silver coins in an outing! last weekend I was out for about 10 hours looking! (up one crusty 1937 buffalo -nope not a 3 legged either, one silver wedding band, and one rosy dime.) Hand fulls of clad. Gas rebates... :-\

I've only been detecting this year. in my first month I stumbled on a barber dime in a local park (and one gold ring that was coming up as a nickel), then a few months of just clad and some silver jewelry...and last weekend I finally got a 1946 rosey. silver coins in this area are hit and miss, the place I found the rosey is a older 1940s baseball field that I found three wheat pennies on the surface the same day. weirdly the rosey was on the surface also. interesting location with about 25 years of trash from kids partying after the ballpark was permanently closed (beer can city!). I plan on hitting it hard tomorrow morning when I get off work. someday I might actually find some stuff worth posting... I'm glad I'm finding some silver...but not much...

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mfitzy111 said:
geeze - you guys are spoiled- I'd love to find four or five silver coins in an outing! last weekend I was out for about 10 hours looking! (up one crusty 1937 buffalo -nope not a 3 legged either, one silver wedding band, and one rosy dime.) Hand fulls of clad. Gas rebates... :-\

I've only been detecting this year. in my first month I stumbled on a barber dime in a local park (and one gold ring that was coming up as a nickel), then a few months of just clad and some silver jewelry...and last weekend I finally got a 1946 rosey. silver coins in this area are hit and miss, the place I found the rosey is a older 1940s baseball field that I found three wheat pennies on the surface the same day. weirdly the rosey was on the surface also. interesting location with about 25 years of trash from kids partying after the ballpark was permanently closed (beer can city!). I plan on hitting it hard tomorrow morning when I get off work. someday I might actually find some stuff worth posting... I'm glad I'm finding some silver...but not much...

Just give it time. It took me a while before I was finding silver regularly. And then one day, it just clicked. Just stick with that E-trac and you will do fine. Before long you will have random days of 10-15 silver in parks that others refuse to even hunt because the pickings are so slim. And when you do that, just be smart enough not to post it and remind people how good your area really is.

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if I go 1 or 2 hunts without silver I am bumming!

OP
OP
N.J.THer

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
bazinga said:
mfitzy111 said:

Just give it time. It took me a while before I was finding silver regularly. And then one day, it just clicked. Just stick with that E-trac and you will do fine. Before long you will have random days of 10-15 silver in parks that others refuse to even hunt because the pickings are so slim. And when you do that, just be smart enough not to post it and remind people how good your area really is.

Ditto - although I still have not had a 10-15 silver day...lol. I usually only have short one hour hunts so the most silver in one hunt for me was 4.

OP
OP
N.J.THer

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Goes4ever said:
if I go 1 or 2 hunts without silver I am bumming!

BTW I'm still looking for my first silver trime like the one in your avatar...congrats. They are small and elusive little coins.

NJ

OP
OP
N.J.THer

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've average at least one silver each hunt since writing this so now I'm writing my Gold Spoiled post...lol.

I'll let you know how that works out for me...

NJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread