tesoro cibola

metalman709

Jan 5, 2011
georgia
Detector(s) used
tesoro cibola
hey guys....it's been a while since i have chimed in so here is the story.... since jan. 1st i have been hooked on hunting....bought a bounty hunter and did great then upgraded with a good deal on a teknetics delta 4000 and fell into it.... since the beginning my totals this year are about 240.00 bucks in clad, 3 little gold rings, one silver ring, and silver bracelet....that's between those 2 machines....now here is the problem, 2 weeks ago my truck gets broken into and as well as the stereo guess what they got????? yep...my delta.....but now i'm back on the scene so to speak with what i feel as a good deal....a tesoro cibola....got for 200 bucks from a friend...also got a garret pro pointer..... problem #2..... this manual might as well be in french.... i wish the nice folks who put this stuff together spoke simple english...apparently the learning curve for this thing is gonna be a challenge.....supertuning???? what the heck is that???? this condition i'm in is brought on my going from a metered machine to listening to the tones.....ugh....gonna take me a while but i am determined to learn this bad boy!!! i just hope it's as good as some of the reviews i have read about it!!!!!

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Cibola is so simple there is very little learning curve. Don't worry about super tuning until you have used it for a while. Just set the discrimination as low as you can tolerate and sensitivity as high as you can without falsing and dig.

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
l.cutler is right. Forget about super tuning, I only use it for hunting wide open plowed fields where targets are few and very deep. Always use headpnones, the sounds are better that way. You got a great deal!

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cibola is a great little beep and dig machine. Run your disc. just above iron and when you get a signal, thumb the discrimination higher until the signal crackles and disappears. Depending on where that is on the dial, you'll quickly learn to be able to tell whether it's likely a coin or junk. After you've put in some hours with it, you'll begin to hear subtle nuances in the tone which will also help you decide to dig or not. It's a fun, simple detector that should serve you well.

luvsdux

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
And I have found a Civil War sword, gold rings and silver coins and a US buckle with mine and it was never super tuned. And a kabillion mini balls and about 40 buttons. You cant go wrong with it...d2

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a cibola for a back up about 5 years ago and it ended up being my main machine for the next couple of years. Great for breaking down and going in a back pack if you are hiking or what not. My cibola paid for it' self in the first year. Great machine for the money. :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions