fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We went to supper with some friends this evening and this is what I saw. This site was a Spanish-American War camp that has produced some decent finds. I don't reckon there will be any more coming from it!

lostsite.jpg

Jerry-Wi

Mar 21, 2009
It might be interesting to find out where they hauled the dirt from the foundation. With a building that large, much of had to have been hauled off site.

Just a thought.

Jerry

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Looks like a site where someone shoulda been there during the initial scraping/demolition phase, eh? :thumbsup:

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, these units are sitting on 10 feet of fill dirt to get them above the flood plain. All the bare dirt you see is fill!

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now you know how some of us feel here in the metropolitan NY/NJ area :BangHead: Some of the oldest history in the U.S. is right here, yet, everything is re-done & paved over :spam4: Between that & all of the other places being picked over by the old timers over the years, ain't much left. The future is private properties & the beach :thumbsup:

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You take paradise, you put up a parking lot...OOO bop, bop, bop...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread