Need to replace lost ring for my wife..... anyone have a gold band for sale?

snyper77

Nov 27, 2008
Greenwood, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hello. My name is Danny Bruce. I live in Alabama and recently, a ring slipped off my wife's finger, and fell into a lake. It was a gold band that she wore on her thumb. We tried and tried to MD it, with no luck.
Needless to say, I have not heard the end of this and never will until I buy her another ring.
If you happen to find one, about 1/4" wide, I would greatly appreciate the chance to buy it. 10k would be great (and cheaper on me).
Thank you for taking the time consider this request.
Danny Bruce
Alabama

shepcal

Mar 19, 2003
Oakhurst,CA
Detector(s) used
modded 4500, CTX30-30, Gold Monster1000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
let me get this straight; she lost the ring and is mad at you for not finding it?

I lost my wedding band a couple of years ago while detecting (really!). I'm left handed and use that hand to run scoop over coil. I took it off every morning while detecting and back on in evening, but this one time and know when it happened, when I pulled a roll of electrical tape out of pocket it was in the center. It was on a top of a hill up by Redding, looked for it, but it's still there.

Wasn't 15 minutes after I got home and she noticed it. Might not of believed me till one of the few times she went out detecting with me; she got interferance from her ring.

My suggest go up and find my ol one or suggest you need a new better detector to find it.

Good Luck, Shep

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Ask in the beach forum. They find most of the wedding bands in there.

kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a friend in Laredo, Tx. that worked on the old teletype machines all over South Texas(Western Union hayday) On a drive back from Eagle Pass, he noticed his ring was not on his finger. Didn't want to cause trouble, so he bought another in a pawn shop. All was well, and for six-eight months he kept his eye out for HIS ring. He said he moved every piece of furniture in every office he went to. One evening, at the supper table, his wife ask
"How many wedding bands do you have?" Uhhhh mmm why? Because I found one in the kitchen window three months ago.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread