Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gta 500; Garrett Ace 350; Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
Re: Where to get a new M6

If you go to www.whiteselectronics.com they will tell you the nearest dealers. some will give a significant discount, some will refuse to discount. And in 45 states you have to add the sales tax. I got the best performance from the M6 using a 12.5" Jimmy Sierra Hot Shot concentric coil. They are no longer made and scarce on the used market.

I haven't had a chance to use the 10" D2 or 12" concentric made by White's. Detech of Bulgaria makes some coils for White's detectors. Some are better than the White's coils & some are not. This is OK for discussion on the moderated White's forum that you can find by clicking on the White's logo at the top of this site. Detech coils are sold in USA only by Kellyco.

You can often find a used M6 on that big auction site or maybe on a forum or you can try a wanted to buy ad if used OK. Used prices $350-$500.

The AT Pro can be bought from any dealer for $594.95, or less in a phone or e-mail quote. I do have the AT Pro & so far it holds the record 7" for the deepest dime I've found that gave a correct visual ID & this was in totally dry soil. In moister soil got a couple dimes at 6" with a White's (MXT I think). My soil is fairly bad. Best wishes, George (MN)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread