A Pirate in the Park

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Took the car in for service and an inspection this morning, and decided to hit a park on the way back to the house. I ended up detecting for about three-hours in the woods behind the ballfield, and in the park proper. Nice and cool, nobody around, just a perfect morning. Ended up with a 1955 Wheat penny, a “Kid-O-Robics” token, “Thomas” the train engine, $2.79 in clad, assorted aluminum and steel junk, AND FINALLY – my first Pirate Charm! Oh yeah baby - I even did a little Pirate dance over the hole!! It wasn’t the beach, but I loved my morning out with the Lobo SuperTRAQ!

Attachments

• gretrtjk.jpg
    gretrtjk.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 456
  • dirt2.jpg
    dirt2.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 483

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please tell me you found that gigantic shovel in the park and you don't actually use that to dig with. Talk about asking for some trouble from park / city employees with that one...

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
bazinga said:
Please tell me you found that gigantic shovel in the park and you don't actually use that to dig with. Talk about asking for some trouble from park / city employees with that one...

LOL! That is a 4" trencher. I use it to cut plugs in the woods behind the ballfield. I use my Lesche in the park proper. I know most of the City employees and Cops, so I would never embarrass myself. But hey, thanks for asking! :laughing7:

http://www.google.com/search?tbm=is...465l7628l0l9610l16l16l0l8l8l0l187l828l4.4l8l0

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They took the bait Terry. :laughing7: :icon_thumleft: :icon_pirat: :icon_thumright:

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry Soloman said:
bazinga said:

LOL! That is a 4" trencher. I use it to cut plugs in the woods behind the ballfield. I use my Lesche in the park proper. I know most of the City employees and Cops, so I would never embarrass myself. But hey, thanks for asking! :laughing7:

http://www.google.com/search?tbm=is...465l7628l0l9610l16l16l0l8l8l0l187l828l4.4l8l0

Whew, thanks! :)

I have to have talks with some of my own friends from time to time and even refuse to hunt with them when they try to bring shovels into the parks.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Shovels (not mine) in parks have led to closures in several areas I hunt.
luvsdux

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ray S ECenFL said:
Some nice finds there. I have a Lobo also but have not used it in quite some time.

Ray S ECenFL

Battery that puppy up and take it for a walk! :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread