Forrest Fenn $2 Million Treasure in NM

tropicalsue

Aug 24, 2011
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Hi Everyone, I've been reading about the Forrest Fenn treasure hunt. He hid a box w/gold, jewels, etc.. in the mountains north of santa fe, nm. He made a poem that has clues to where the treasure is. The poem is in his book, the thrill of the chase.

I started a facebook fan page to talk about him, the treasure, poem, hunting for it, treasure hunting & metal detecting in general. I plan on looking for it sometime next year.

The facebook page is Fenn Treasure Fan Page.

take care, & I hope you are finding good stuff out there.

Susan & my dog Kelly

Oh, & before anyone mentions it, he says it's legit & not a scam to sell books. We'll just have to believe him. It's a great story, either way. :)

fibberjibber

Mar 7, 2008
I read the poem and a related story. One of the things I like about it is that for those seeking his treasure they will undoubtedly see some beautiful real estate! I just hope they take the time to enjoy those places instead of letting the frustration of not finding anything overwhelm them. I have always told my loved ones that when I croak I want to be burned up and my ashes spread in a hanging valley high in the mountains. I think folks need to take the effort and time to see these hidden places and soak up the beauty!

One question on the treasure- does anyone know when he hid the treasure? As in, what years?
Sounds like fun for a lot of people out there!!
-Eric

OP
OP
tropicalsue

tropicalsue

Aug 24, 2011
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Hi, yes, this sounds like a fun & beautiful challenge. If you don't find his treasure, then you will surely find the treasure of the mountains & wilderness. I plan on taking lots of photos & video when I go out to hunt it. I think he may of hid the treasure when he was 79 years old. He's 81 now. He's a smart & cunning man. lol..

Some people have said that if they find the treasure, they will leave a plaque so that others may know that it's been found. Here is the mysterious & puzzling, poem:

Good luck, Tropical Sue & my dog Kelly

Attachments

• poem.jpg
    poem.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 95,890

Nevada Coyote

Oct 20, 2009
Yerington, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Bounty Gold Digger, Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The poem is beautiful. The natural beauty of this area is probably worth more than the treasure, but it would sure be fun to hunt for it too. I've never been to this place but it would be worth the trip just to see the country.
Nevada Coyote

OP
OP
tropicalsue

tropicalsue

Aug 24, 2011
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nevada Coyote said:
The poem is beautiful. The natural beauty of this area is probably worth more than the treasure, but it would sure be fun to hunt for it too. I've never been to this place but it would be worth the trip just to see the country.
Nevada Coyote

You are probably not too far from New Mexico & can go hunt for it. Yes, it's sure big, beautiful country. It's not all ruined & developed!! lol.. There still is plenty of country out there. :)

TS & Kelly

barbarosa

Tenderfoot
Oct 6, 2004
Wichita Kansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Has it been found yet ? I have looked on the internet and not quite sure... The book loos like it may be a good read I dunno .. Lots of stuff posted like always not sure what is and what aint to put it simple.

whammy

Oct 23, 2012
Conquest New York
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, DFX, Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope, it hasn't been found yet. I know because my buddie and I just returned from a 2 1/2 week trip to New Mexico. My buddies son works the oil rigs out there and we spent a lot of time in the desert and mountains. Needless to say we didn't find the treasure. It is extremely hard to find rooms as everything is full out there, and the rescue units are working overtime, removing people who don't know what they are doing in the desert and mountains. Beautiful scenery out there, and for you readers of Tony Hillerman, I visited and took pictures of shiprock on the Hopi reservation.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread