Wireless Headphone Review!

Quinc

Jul 18, 2011
Posted a Thread a while back asking about wireless headphones, well here is a review of the ones I went with.
Original Thread: http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,414552.msg3009951.html#msg3009951

Sennheiser RS 160 Digital Wireless Headphones with KLEER

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-RS...U2Y0/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1316372152&sr=8-5

REVIEW!

Here is the Transmitter.
wnDPp.jpg

To keep it safe we keep it in a Tupperware container with foam padding.
2nXXA.jpg

v8RvV.jpg

Have an O ring on the lid of the container so you have to push down with a little bit of force to turn it off and on.
YZOeA.jpg

With the Lid on:
K0iBE.jpg

My dad built this nifty container to attach it to the detector. Its setup in a way that no matter how you set the detector down it wont touch the ground. And you can remove the transmitter in a few seconds by removing the rubber latch.
8AtuG.jpg

The headphone jack is a pain, and once Jason from RazorBack heals up I will try and get him to move the jack to the front of the detector. My dad setup this protector around it to keep it from getting banged around.
PZgFv.jpg

DVDZy.jpg

Nubeq.jpg

How it all looks together:
rdqq6.jpg

I have about a days worth of time using it, and so far my impression is;

PROS
- It's durable, as you can see in the photos its pretty dirty, it has also been dropped a couple times and once in the river.

-Comfortable, the headphones are light and have a nice fit. They also have soft plush padding that seals around the ears helping to block a-lot of the outside noise; wind, river, etc.

-Response time, one of the biggest factors while looking into wireless was the response time! Also the reason I didn't go with bluetooth. With these I have not been able to notice any delay when going over a target.

-Battery life is long, on the first set of batteries I used them for music for about 4 days, then my dad used them for a whole day of detecting before needing to replace them.

-LOUD, with a volume adjustment on both the headphones and the transmitter you can get this things ridiculously loud.

CONS

-Transmitter is Large.

-On/Off, Its hard to tell when they are actually on or off.

-Didn't sound that great with music, they could use a little more bass.

I broke my leg on Thursday, but as I get more time with them and find more or less things I like about them I will continue to update this post. Hopefully the next post will be a picture of the huge nugget i find with them! :D

Rockin Chairs Gold

Dec 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Pro Coil, SunRay X 5.5, S.E.F. 6x8, Excalibur II
Check into the Airheads Wireless Headphones www.airheads.com. They are expensive, but there is no delay, the audio is fantastic, they do a great job of keeping out unwanted back ground noise, they are light weight, and the wiring doesn't get in your way, and the quality is as good as it gets. My uncle once told me if you want to play you have to pay and this is one purchase I will never regret. I love them. Rick :coffee2:

OP
OP
Q

Quinc

Jul 18, 2011
Rockin Chairs Gold said:
Check into the Airheads Wireless Headphones www.airheads.com. They are expensive, but there is no delay, the audio is fantastic, they do a great job of keeping out unwanted back ground noise, they are light weight, and the wiring doesn't get in your way, and the quality is as good as it gets. My uncle once told me if you want to play you have to pay and this is one purchase I will never regret. I love them. Rick :coffee2:

Did you even read the review? I looked into the airheadz, but the RS160's where 100$ less and have the shortest un-noticeable amount of delay of any headphones I could find.

kenley said:
Thanks for the update. Looks heavy. My GTI250 isn't light.

The weight isn't bad, and is distrubed evenly enough that its not really noticeable. If it becomes a problem I might break down and buy a carbon fiber shaft. I will post up the total weight of the unit when I get a chance.

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He says matter of factly at the end:" broke my leg ". Huh? You break it detecting?

And airheads .com is a candy website :icon_scratch:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
It was nice to see a good report with good pictures, thanks. I do have one suggestion. If you had mounted the transmitter on your detector door vertically you could have run the wires through it. Also it would have actually improved the balance of the total unit. Frank

OP
OP
Q

Quinc

Jul 18, 2011
He says matter of factly at the end:" broke my leg ". Huh? You break it detecting?

And airheads .com is a candy website :icon_scratch:

Broke it running to second base in a baseball game. Not allowed to slide, and when I tried to stop it snapped my ankle. Thought I had a slight sprain until I ran to 3rd! =)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread