XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Good question Frank!

Have two properties on my short list. Both with cache potential, but as you know the cache probability is a ways off from the potential. With solid "no-dice" answers from owners, there is little to do but wait and see if the property changes hands again.

All the caches I expect are small dollar face value, but old coinage does not have to be big face value to be a big hit.

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm getting old and stiff, (not in a good way) but still look for the big score. Just took a venture up north looking for the remnants of the Austin Flood. Way over grown and lots of private property.

Now I'm thinking of going north again to check out the horse theives den in some hollow. Maybe I can do it, maybe not. Won't know til I get there and check it out. Have a slight suspicion that some stuff may have gotten burried and nobody knows. Some crazy stuff happened up in the mountains back in the day. Got it narrowed down to a couple places.

Al

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Glad to see there are still some of us actively searching. I went up to PA to look for the army shipment of gold bars stolen or taken at Dents Run. After spending 2 week ends there I found out it was a fable used to sell a book and the park service jumped on the bandwagon and used it to attract tourist. The trails were marked and so were the "treasure" sites. The research had some holes, but I went up to be sure. I went to the eastern shore of Maryland looking for a big one and found the property was owned by a large corporation. scratch that one. I am now working on one in western Maryland. This is a good one, the cache is in $20 gold coins. In this game the win ratio is very small, but it's there for the adventurers. Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread