fisher f2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
If they are 1983 or newer they are comprised mostly of zinc so yes that's normal...you can notch them out if you want. Then pennies earlier than that which are copper will still be detectable and ring up higher on your vdi...probably in the 70ish range.

OP
OP
T
Aug 31, 2011
lexington,nc
Detector(s) used
fisher f2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks, i was wondering if this was the norm. i have also noticed that a gold ring of 14 k will also fall under the zinc column and i figured i would have to dig those pennies to get to the rings, thanks alot for the help

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
treasure island said:
thanks, i was wondering if this was the norm. i have also noticed that a gold ring of 14 k will also fall under the zinc column and i figured i would have to dig those pennies to get to the rings, thanks alot for the help

Smaller gold rings can ring up foil range and the bigger they are they can show up as pulltabs and screwcaps.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People don't really go to much effort to retrieve pennies when they drop them, I guess. If you ever lost a penny from about 1980 on here in this part of Colorado, I've probably found it. Also, if you ever fired a gun here in the mountains from about the 1860's to the present, I probably have your bullet. I won't even go into square nails. Those 3 items are the strongest and most common hits I get here.

fishbone3d

Apr 1, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Whites Prizm III, Bounty Hunter
I dig all pennies. Remember, Indian Heads usually go under the zinc numbers on your detector. They are composed of a different alloy. Any deep ones might be an Indian Head. Good luck friend! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread