New to forum -- need some help

fizzyone

Sep 28, 2011
Hi folks, just registered. I have a little dilemma that I need help with. My son is on his honeymoon in Ocho Rios, Jamaica, and just texted me that he was snorkeling off a boat in about 30 ft of water and his platinum wedding band slipped off his finger into the water.

The diver at the resort has gone down with scuba gear a couple of times to try to find it, to no avail. Now, my son is looking to buy, rent, or borrow an underwater metal detector so he can more effectively search.

I called a stateside online retailer who told me that the fastest way to ship is global express, which takes 1 to 3 business days--my son and his new wife are only in Jamaica through the end of the weekend so anything more than 1 business day, with shipment going out tomorrow, won't work. I've already suggested that he call around to dive shops (he's doing this, as is the resort concierge) to (a) ask if the shop has one, or (b) ask if they know of anyone who has one.

Would anyone on this forum by chance have any information or suggestions about locating a metal detector in Jamaica - he's even willing to buy one if it's the only way? I welcome and very much appreciate any suggestions you might have, and thank you in advance for your help.

p.s. I am searching the forum for ideas as well, but wanted to get my message out quickly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions