Question, I am new to CRH

bigmac016

Sep 29, 2011
I have started buying small amounts (for now) of halves. I recently called a bank and asked if they had rolls. She stated around 400 dollars worth. Then she said if your looking for silver these rolls have none. Do you normally get this response? I am wondering if this is someones dump since my area doesnt have many loose rolls available. Or do you think she was just trying to keep me away from buying? I'd like any opinions or advice.

doglover

Aug 30, 2011
If anythings worth any money, the bank is going to get first dibs at it. I wouldn't expect them to have any silver on hand. When I was teaching school, the head cafeteria lady would always give me any halves or wheats she came across because she knew I liked to collect them. I always check my change when I get it and sometimes I get a good coin. My last one was a buffalo nickel about 3 months ago when I went to Taco Bueno. Lots of times the cashiers don't know if the coin is worth anything or not especially if they're in their teens or twenties. One girl that was a cashier didn't even know that coins dated 64 or earlier were silver. Probably should have kept my mouth shut.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread