Garrett ProPointer

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Rockin Chairs Gold

Dec 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Pro Coil, SunRay X 5.5, S.E.F. 6x8, Excalibur II
I did not like the holster that came with mine so I have a large deep two pocket Garrett finds pouch that holds it just fine and I have never had a problem with it falling out. Rick :coffee2:

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have several different pin pointers and I've taped, screwed or whatever works a bright colored, coiled key ring type lanyard with a quick snap on one end. The end with the snap goes on my belt buckle, belt loop on my pants or whatever point that serves. If the pointer falls from the holder it just drags on the ground rather than being lost. The lanyard stretches enough that it's never a problem in use. Works for me.
luvsdux

Rockin Chairs Gold

Dec 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Pro Coil, SunRay X 5.5, S.E.F. 6x8, Excalibur II
luvsdux said:
I have several different pin pointers and I've taped, screwed or whatever works a bright colored, coiled key ring type lanyard with a quick snap on one end. The end with the snap goes on my belt buckle, belt loop on my pants or whatever point that serves. If the pointer falls from the holder it just drags on the ground rather than being lost. The lanyard stretches enough that it's never a problem in use. Works for me.
luvsdux

Sounds like a good idea. My wife has dozens of those from her trips to Vegas each year. Sounds like a real way to make a use of them finally. Got to get something back from all our LOST WAGES. Rick :coffee2:

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
I never had my Propoint slip out of my holster yet. Had a couple greedy hands try pulling it out without asking. They learned not to reach for MY equipment without asking first.
My holster is deep enough that it fits OK

OP
OP
CoilFisher

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL Seamuss! Thats when you show them your Lesche! :laughing7:

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
I usually have a knuckle rapper tool in my hands when they reach for it. They don't grab at it a second time without asking. It's hard to detect with sore knuckles and someone squawking about them being a claim jumper in the group. It only happened twice in all my time detecting.
Two people without a code of ethic and the word gets around.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never lost mine either......Matt

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Addition to my earlier post. My pro pointer rides quite well in its holster and hasn't been a problem. However, I've lost several pin pointers over the years by leaving them at the last target point and not noticing until I was well away from the area. That's really what prompted me to use the lanyards.
luvdux

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a utility bag... the pouches are kinda small but its got alots of little pockets... for the most part it stays put unless I miss putting it in or I don't get it in all the way.

Chukers

Attachments

• bag.JPG
    bag.JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 269

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread