Which is the biggest treasure in the world never found? Pirates,Masons,Spanish.?

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The temple of god, in the lost city of atlantis. check it out in , "the mystry of atlantis " by charles berlitz. describes the temple. ;D

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Which is the biggest treasure in the world never found? Pirates,Masons,Spani

able_walker said:
Can't believe no one has mentioned the lost tomb of Genghis Khan.All the porters were killed to keep the location secret,which it has been all these years. Edit:Whoops I just saw the earlier mention...Oh well, still would be an amazing discovery.

Somebody dug up this old chestnut of a thread, but that was the "known but undiscovered" treasure that came to my mind. 'Ol Chinggis sleeps somewhere in Mongolia with a LOT of choice plunder from most of the known world at the time.

IMHO the greatest treasure - the Library of Alexandria - was lost and destroyed by fire.

Durned extremest Theophilius and his radical Christians put us back 3,000 years. ::)

taropatch

Dec 24, 2007
How about that gold hoards that the Nazis buried in the Austrian Alps?
It is said that some of the treasure was dumped in lakes as well.

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Closer to home...The 1,600 Spanish burro pack train of gold and silver, supposedly about 15 miles East of Albuquerque, New Mexico. Course I don't know how much a burro can carry :)

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its not in fort knox,knew a man in the service there ---gaurded a room for yrs ....on day during gaurd change he got a peek inside the room he had been gaurding--------------------the room was empty!!!!!!!! so much for the gold standard (this was yrs. ago)

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
The library of Alexandria was repeatedly burned - not just by Theophilus, but FIRST by good old Julius Caesar, and before Theophilus there was the attack by Roman emperor Aurelian, and don't forget the Arabs also burned the books (to heat bath waters) in 642 AD. There were still enough books remaining even at this date to supply "firewood" to heat bath water for six months! So to get the full library you would need to get it prior to the arrival of Caesar, not the Christians..... :o

Good luck and good hunting, I hope you find the treasures that you seek.
Oroblanco

wyoming

Jun 8, 2007
wyoming
I would stand behind the fellow whom claims the gate keepers will keep it hidden.
I don't think the government has any of the big ones, or they would be using it already.
The picture of the ark is a good one, what it really looks like.
Besides do you think you would live long if anyone actually found out if any of you knew where any of it was?
Think about your friends and family,,,the pain they will endure.
wyoming

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread