Which is the biggest treasure in the world never found? Pirates,Masons,Spanish.?

C

Carson Karma

Well Saint,

Since we both are kind of 'newbies' ..let me be the first to say I enjoy your post. I have watched that movie..goonies..at least twenty times.

I think, and I could be wrong, many tv movies might be based on history.

Good Luck!

Carson.

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oak Island, Nova Scotia treasure...no one knows how much or even what is there...

OP
OP
saint2529

saint2529

Jul 11, 2006
This month a guy found a galleon in the north of Puerto Rico. Estimated 900 million dollars. They are fighting with the government to obtain the 50% of the treasure.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Which is the biggest treasure in the world never found? Pirates,Masons,Spani

romeo-1 said:
Oak Island, Nova Scotia treasure...no one knows how much or even what is there...

OAK ISLAND is most likely a hoax. The great majority of the facts of the story either aren't true, or don't match known history.

There are a couple of huge possibilities (none are proven true beyond a shadow of a doubt)

1. Montezuma's Gold (the gold is recorded to have existed at one time, but never found.

2. 100 tons of gold in New Mexico (It definitely existed in 1933, but has never been found)

3. Victorio Peak in New Mexico (93,000,000 troy ounces)(Story questionable depending on who you believe)

4. Emperor Maximilian's Crown Jewels and gold (It is known that they existed, but were never found after his death)

Those are probably the biggest in the US (ON LAND ANYWAY).

Best,

Mike

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gollum, the listed 680 mule loads of Au and 1200 bars of Ag at Tayopa? This is only one of 5 deposits, plus a very large one one day by mule ot the East.©

Will I ever tap it ?? who knows.

Tropical Tramp

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Which is the biggest treasure in the world never found? Pirates,Masons,Spani

Hey Jose,

Notice my disclaimer, "IN THE US, ON LAND"

If I were talking world, I would most definitely have included Tayopa. But then I would have had to include a ton of others and would have been typing all night! ;D ;D ;D

I'm going to have to take a ride down there sometime and help you open up one or two of those babies sometime!

Best,

Mike

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think Oak Island is a hoax. I have visited there many times and way too much effort had been put into the original dig to have been a hoax. There is definitley something there. I have spoken with one of the owners of the island, Dan Blankenship, and have learned much which has not been made public...enough to make me a firm believer.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

romeo-1 said:
I don't think Oak Island is a hoax. I have visited there many times and way too much effort had been put into the original dig to have been a hoax. There is definitley something there. I have spoken with one of the owners of the island, Dan Blankenship, and have learned much which has not been made public...enough to make me a firm believer.

Hey Romeo,

I know the guy the new owners hired to do the history and background of the Pit for potential investors. There are a ton of facts that don't add up. Some are completely contradictory. When my guy brought that to the attention of the owners, not only did they renig on his contract, and not pay, but they tried defaming him in local press.

I believed in Oak Island until I read the true facts of the story. I'll give you a couple:

Story: The story is that Oak Island was uninhabited when the young boys discovered the depression under the swayed branch.

Fact: Not only was the island inhabited, but the families of all three lived on the island! Kind of hard to make a "voyage of discovery" to an islands where you already live! In an older map of the island, the original place of the money pit was listed as lot#18.

Story: The story of the finding of the Money Pit in 1795. Three young boys on a voyage of discovery, discover a depression on the ground under a swayed tree branch, with a length of rope hanging from the branch.

Fact: There is NOT ONE contemporary (1795) written article about the event. In a community as small as that, it would have been big news in the area. It would have made it into one of the two or three papers in the area. The first article about the Oak Island Diggings was in the Liverpool Transcript in (I believe) 1864 or 1859. that story was given to the paper by the the man looking for investors in his expedition.

This information and a lot more is available at criticalinquiry.org The site is down right now, but should be back up tomorrow.

Best,

Mike

ericwt

Feb 8, 2004
In America I think it is The Lue trove. Here is the map. Good luck.

ericwt

Attachments

• lue.jpg
    lue.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 20,625
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

[=gollum Hey Jose,

I would have had to include a ton of others and would have been typing all night! ;D ;D ;D
Yer just about as Lazy as I am sheeshs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm going to have to take a ride down there sometime and help you open up one or two of those babies --

Only if you concede that "I AM" the boss there. hehehe, remember I am after the deposits, why mine when it has already been done for me?

Seriously, you are in the group that I would love to keep going on with. As I learned in combat, a large moving figure attracts more attention and is far easier to hit than someone like myself or DOC. snicker.

Tropical Tramp

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=ericwt In America I think it is The Lue trove. Here is the map. Good luck.
ericwt

Morning Eric, there is a fascinating similiarity between the Lue & Tayopa maps. Check the lower right side of the Lue map with the Tayopa Map.

Tropical Tramp

Attachments

• Lue map connection.jpg
    Lue map connection.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 17,361
  • .jpgMap in a cave at Tayopa.jpg
    .jpgMap in a cave at Tayopa.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 12,715

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

No problem, BOSS! Yaowza Massah! Iza beeein raaaaht thayah! Feets don't fail me now!

But that just looks natural to me! ;) ;)

Mike

T

TreasureTales

That Lue treasure map seems to have lots of stylized Masonic figures in it. I'm sure others long before me have noticed that, too, however.

Anyway, for ME the biggest treasure yet to be found is the one I seek everyday. I'm always hoping to find that one, giant, unknown cache that will make the front page of the papers. I know that such an announcement would lead to many problems for myself (taxes, long lost relatives coming out of the woodwork, robbery attempts, possible kidnapping, etc.), but wouldn't that be grand to be on the cover of the New York Times WITHOUT a flag-draped coffin around me? Yeah, I can see the headline now: "Over-the-hill Californian finds a Mountain of Treasure ... More Photos on Page 2"

But as far as reality goes, I'd venture a guess that the largest unfound treasure would be the Spanish ships off the Florida coast that have yet to be found.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

=gollum
No problem, BOSS! Yaowza Massah! Iza beeein raaaaht thayah! Feets don't fail me now!
K now that we have the chain of command established ------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But that just looks natural to me! ;) ;)
Of Course, it IS a natural shallow cave?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
till Eulenspiegle

ericwt

Feb 8, 2004
RealdeTayopa: From what I understand the Lue trove is actually multiple troves, so it might be possible that Tayopa is related.

I always love your photos of the Tayopa area.

ericwt

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
author=ericwt
RealdeTayopa: From what I understand the Lue trove is actually multiple troves, so it might be possible that Tayopa is related.

HI, I doubt it since Tayopa was lost in the 1630's, they are still looking for it. What I was referring to was the similarity of using multiple triangles. In the case of the Tayopa cave map. it is an attempt to show conturs, or canyons/drainages.

Do you suppose ????
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I always love your photos of the Tayopa area.
Gracias, it is spectacular country.

Tropical Tramp

Attachments

• Falls in Tayopa cpuntry©.jpg
    Falls in Tayopa cpuntry©.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 13,509
  • Falls in Tayopa cpuntry©.jpg
    Falls in Tayopa cpuntry©.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 12,233

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I was raised to show respect to my elders! ;D ;D

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread