Simple cheap support for my unit that works great.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I purchased on EBay a set of military suspenders with ammo belt. The belt comes with eyelets in it from which I attached round metal key rings for hanging items.

I attached my Beach Hunter ID box on one side and on the other my pouch. The shoulder supenders already have metal loops on each suspender, from one of them I hung my bungie cord that attaches to my search coil/rod to support it.

It supports my unit perfectly, both the control box and search rod. Takes all the weight off of my arm and supports the control box perfectly, and keeps my unit as high as I want it. I tried it out today and it worked perfectly for me. The suspenders/belt cost me 12 dollars on ebay including the shipping. That is less then half of what the shoulder strap with bungie alone cost me.

DSC01821.jpg

DSC01819-1.jpg

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Now THAT is a great idea treasure_hunter !! I think I'll give it a whirl too ! My poor arm get the heck swung out of it ! I have detectors elbow !! LOL

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reddie,

They come in two sizes, mine is the large, I am POSITIVE yours would be the small, (expandable to 36" waist). It works great for me, very easy to put on, then attach my unit to it, distributes the weight between both shoulders equally, and more importantly very comfortable.

The bungie cord connects to the rod then to the suspender and totally supports my unit. With the bungie I can let go of it at any time in the ocean and it is still right there. I only have to swing it left to right, there is no weight to hold up. I never have a tired arm now, and nothing dragging on my waist.

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
Treasure, if I could find a belt about twice as long as yours, I'd like to try that. Looks pretty useful. Thanks for the tip.

Jim Johnson
grizzly bare

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grizzly, The large begins at 30" and expands from there to total of 48" I have lots of room for "growth" which I hope I don't need. If you wear a belt 48" or less it will work for you.

I used it again tonight and I am very pleased with the way it works. When i got home I dropped suspenders, belt and everything attached in a tub of water to rince off the salt water.

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
That's looks like the perfect solution for my swingy thingy. I don't like the part that goes around my body very much and that looks the way to go. Thanks for the tip Treasure.

knapper

Jun 25, 2006
atlanta ga
Detector(s) used
IDX CLASSIC , SURFMASTER PI
bought one on ebay 9.99 with the shirt simper-fi ::)BDU SHIRT,LC1 SUSPENDERS,DESERT TAN PISTOL BELT
Item number: 230028370425

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread